The Quarters Hotel and Residences | 280.1m | 80s | Alldritt Land | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
mind-boggling isn't it! covid, work from home, supply chains collapsing, inflation rampant and interest rates rising, restricted capital availability for both debt and equity, changing mortgage qualification issues, all out war in eastern europe...
there are always problems in the world... waiting for the perfect time to build this tower will mean waiting a very long time indeed...

there are always problems in the world... waiting for the perfect time to build this tower will mean waiting a very long time indeed...
Yeah but the current problems in the world regarding logistics and supply chain issues, coupled with heightened risk and uncertainty are almost guaranteed to stall a project with some of the engineering curiosities a project like this one has.

Unfortunately big complex projects like this need ideal conditions to go ahead.

I don’t know about waiting till times are perfect, but times of more stability is probably a fair thing to wait a little bit longer for. It’s been a tumultuous two years.

The nice thing about the Aldritt Tower is that it will be a block away from the Quarters LRT station, and a couple more to the Arts District. I think it's possible that the Valley Line LRT could mean more pedestrian activity on Jasper east of 97 Street.

It sure has, but it is time for Alldritt to seize the bull by the horns on this one...
I'd say that if a developer like Rohit (that started off primarily low-density residential and has moved up to mid-rise) has not proposed a high-rise residential project, then there is no way in heck that Alldritt will be moving forward first with this 'tall tower'.

I don’t know about waiting till times are perfect, but times of more stability is probably a fair thing to wait a little bit longer for. It’s been a tumultuous two years.
If everyone waited until times are perfect, very little would happen in the world. There are cycles and those that come in early usually end up doing well and those that come in late usually don't. Of course it always looks riskier earlier.

I suspect much of their hesitancy is related to this project being outside of their previous scope and the size of it.

If everyone waited until times are perfect, very little would happen in the world. There are cycles and those that come in early usually end up doing well and those that come in late usually don't. Of course it always looks riskier earlier.

I suspect much of their hesitancy is related to this project being outside of their previous scope and the size of it.
I'll guess that you're right. The financing environment is fairly solid for real estate development across North America in general and picking up a very good pace in Western Canada.

They could very well partner up with someone who has the know-how, however. I believe there's an inherent conservative mentality in the company that might be dragging their feet, too.

Back