The Quarters Hotel and Residences | 280.1m | 80s | Alldritt Land | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I still don't think we will ever see anything over 40 storeys on this property. I am even less confident Alldritt will be the developer.
Sadly, I think this is probably the case. However, I would prefer if something were built further north on some of the empty or underutilized lots a bit further north. It may not be as dramatic, but might do more to improve the area.

I think everyone should be prepared for ALLDRITT FUTURE REDEVELOPMENT SITE Park for the next while before we see any tower sprout up.
Been about 16 months since this post. Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s another 16 before a construction trailer ever shows up to site. Enjoy the park!

And I doubt we see anything on any of their properties. They don't seem to keen on getting things going at all.
I would think they’re just busy with their bread and butter in larger scale SFH suburb development and watching the market carefully for the correct opportunity for their various sites. Lots of empty dormant lots around the city are owned by developers that are doing just that—just don’t notice it since they aren’t white fenced with the developer’s signage like Alldritt. At least they have the curtesy to have them nice and maintained.

I would think they’re just busy with their bread and butter in larger scale SFH suburb development and watching the market carefully for the correct opportunity for their various sites. Lots of empty dormant lots around the city are owned by developers that are doing just that—just don’t notice it since they aren’t white fenced with the developer’s signage like Alldritt. At least they have the curtesy to have them nice and maintained.

Alldritt has had a vacant parcel, nicely fenced and grassed at least, for years on 124 street and hasn't done anything with it yet. Meanwhile, Cantiro comes in and buys three lots nearby and is planning to start their 11 unit townhome project likely this year.

Obviously developers can build their projects when they want, but it seems Alldritt definitely has other priorities. This 124 street area I refer to seems like it would a good location thst would have some residential demand and interest from public- especially given the other projects going along 124 st or just a block or two off.

Alldritt has had a vacant parcel, nicely fenced and grassed at least, for years on 124 street and hasn't done anything with it yet. Meanwhile, Cantiro comes in and buys three lots nearby and is planning to start their 11 unit townhome project likely this year.

Obviously developers can build their projects when they want, but it seems Alldritt definitely has other priorities. This 124 street area I refer to seems like it would a good location thst would have some residential demand and interest from public- especially given the other projects going along 124 st or just a block or two off.
I used to live pretty close to that site and I’ve wondered why the slow feet to develop something there—but it could be for any number of reasons. Maybe they’ve been wanting to purchase the lowrise next door to fulfill what they have envisioned for that site. Maybe they’re slow acting and don’t have much interest in multi fam at this point in time.

Maybe Alldritt is waiting for completion of the Valley Line West LRT. They have vacant parcels not just on 124 St at 105 Ave but also in the SW corner of Stony Plain Road and 142 St. Though I'm still not sure what the hold-up is with that tower/hotel east of the convention centre.

Maybe Alldritt is waiting for completion of the Valley Line West LRT. They have vacant parcels not just on 124 St at 105 Ave but also in the SW corner of Stony Plain Road and 142 St. Though I'm still not sure what the hold-up is with that tower/hotel east of the convention centre.
mind-boggling isn't it! covid, work from home, supply chains collapsing, inflation rampant and interest rates rising, restricted capital availability for both debt and equity, changing mortgage qualification issues, all out war in eastern europe...

I wouldn't say they are a large scale SFH suburb developer, they have only really done Granville in the last 20 years.

mind-boggling isn't it! covid, work from home, supply chains collapsing, inflation rampant and interest rates rising, restricted capital availability for both debt and equity, changing mortgage qualification issues, all out war in eastern europe...

These things have not stopped other projects from going ahead.

Back