The Quarters Hotel and Residences | 280.1m | 80s | Alldritt Land | KENNEDY

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Sure they do... 🤔 I only "harp" because of the Trumpism that you constantly employ. Trump says "Other people say... or "I have heard people say... 'O says " Hearing that... from a couple of folks."

Sure they do... 🤔 I only "harp" because of the Trumpism that you constantly employ. Trump says "Other people say... or "I have heard people say... 'O says " Hearing that... from a couple of folks."
Respectfully @archited, where are you getting your information and confidence in information from? I don't recall a post in which you have mentioned your sources or why you are so sure to bet your reputation on this. I am not challenging you, but many of us that don't have inside industry information come here to read about what is going on in the Edmonton development community and ironically while you are giving it to Ian about his sources, I haven't seen you disclose yours.

You both seem to have polar opposite information about what is going on with this project and neither of you are disclosing so what makes you so sure that your information and sources are accurate and that something is going to happen?

As weird as it might sound, I'll back @IanO information here. While for professional and legal reasons I cannot disclose sources, funding for this kind of project is scarce and financing it will be a challenge.

Not to say that there's not a lot of money out there begging to be deployed, especially in the "quasi-post-covid" world, but the lenders and venture capitalists are preferring clean energy and tech, high-end hospitality (resorts, etc...) and infrastructure (transportation, mostly). Other than that, there's some appetite for rental units, at least in the 5 largest cities in Western Canada (Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Victoria and Kelowna), with a shorter turnaround time (18 to 30 months to occupancy).

I wouldn't say this project is dead on its tracks, but I'd bet on a few extra months (12 to 24) being added to their timeline.

And I can't share details of what is coming because there are sensitive negotiations on track. Of course speculation abounds and I understand that, but quoting "a couple of folks" hardly leads to substantiation -- neither do generalizations regarding economic conditions.

I suspect it will at some point, but in what form, by whom and how tall is to be determined.

For what it's worth, those examples are fundamentally different. Trump used this device in an attempt to create a false narrative of widespread public positive public opinion. He did not use this to convey inside information from relevant but anonymous sources.

I suspect it will at some point, but in what form, by whom and how tall is to be determined.
Oh it'll be constructed all right, I bet we get this:

McDonalds-covid-positive-aug-21-20.jpg

Back