What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Finalized rendering:

View attachment 242194

It looks like the height of the taller tower has been amended to 152.75 metres and the lower tower 127.35 metres.
Funny the little tricks developers pull in their renders. Stantec is still under construction and there's no Encore. Even ScotiaBank is still gold..lol
Edit. ICE District is not even there. Ha..I love it..
West view of the city is going to just be killer.

Last edited:
my guess is they want to get the condo sales in first to gauge the market and maybe change parts of phase 2 to condos if it's viable.
That's smart, and it would be a wise business move if the market improves at some point during construction. Thanks - hadn't thought of it that way.

I promise you, @.crystalised. the whole oompahloompah shebang will get built. What I can't promise is the "when". Interesting that they are leading with condos -- I would buy one of these -- Jasper and 109 has turned into an interesting intersection with great potential if 109 realizes its true potential (if it doesn't get left behind -- a la Beatles' "Baby said she's leaving on the one after 909" -- oops that's 909, not 109). These particular architects are expensive -- suggests to me that they are serious about going all the way.
Thanks Ted - appreciate the optimism - I need it :)

Funny the little tricks developers pull in their renders. Stantec is still under construction and there's no Encore. Even ScotiaBank is still gold..lol
Edit. ICE District is not even there. Ha..I love it..
West view of the city is going to just be killer.

IIRC there's a very small number of companies that maintain 3D models of downtown Edmonton, and they probably charge a lot for updates. If you already have one that's reasonably up-to-date for the area you need, there's not much point spending the money to upgrade.

IIRC there's a very small number of companies that maintain 3D models of downtown Edmonton, and they probably charge a lot for updates. If you already have one that's reasonably up-to-date for the area you need, there's not much point spending the money to upgrade.
Heh, 3D modellers probably don't make near as much money from projects located in boom 'n' bust cities like ours then.

C.2 Jasper + 108 Ave ‘The Parks’ (Development Permit)
Dave Moore - DIALOG

Motion of Support with Conditions
● The Committee recommends the Applicant continue to work with
Administration to further refine the pedestrian realm and the building interface,
including the east-west mid-block connection. Particular consideration should
be given to scale, materiality, architectural detailing and lighting, pedestrian
amenity, landscaping, servicing and access, with the intent of creating a vibrant,
animated and human scaled public realm year-round.

CARRIED

The Parks project has reversed phasing. The south tower on Jasper and the podium along 108th were to go first, but it now appears that the first phase will be the north tower followed by the south tower and the podium. I am hearing possible early 2021 start??
Condos first? Seems aggressive, unless they transitioned the whole thing to rentals.

Back