The Parks | 146.91m | 45s | 35s | 13s | Pangman | Hariri Pontarini

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am scared that this single tower will get built and then plans for the taller tower, podium and everything else will be scrapped after the entire site is levelled, leaving one squat little tower surrounded by yet another empty lot in the heart of the city. The saddest part is that this is not an irrational fear. I've got PTSD from how development works in this city (or doesn't, so to speak).

I am scared that this single tower will get built and then plans for the taller tower, podium and everything else will be scrapped after the entire site is levelled, leaving one squat little tower surrounded by yet another empty lot in the heart of the city. The saddest part is that this is not an irrational fear. I've got PTSD from how development works in this city (or doesn't, so to speak).

This could happen, especially if the market for condo's isn't there to support the new tower. Even if it is, I can see the link building being reduced to a 2-3 storey podium instead and the walk way to the park removed. It's just what seems to happen in Edmonton

Last edited:
The original plan shows the amenity space, rooftop, gym, facilities in and on top of the link building. No one is going to buy a condo in this building hoping they will add the promised roof top pool and roof top amenities later. With the changes made, my guess is this project will be rentals and they will need to add very basic amenities somewhere in the small tower for renters to consider renting there. That means the "link" may be seriously scaled back or not built at all. And as for the taller tower ... its a state of flux.

That may mean that only the small tower (reduced in height from the render??) is being constructed and not the wrap around multi-story podium with all the amenities. If so the project will not have the same appeal imo. https://cdn.skyrisecities.com/sites/default/files/images/projects/18944/18944-120587.jpg
I think you are getting your knickers in a twist for no reason. Phase one could possibly mean phase one of the demolition process and here we are redesigning the whole project.

I think you are getting your knickers in a twist for no reason. Phase one could possibly mean phase one of the demolition process and here we are redesigning the whole project.
Thats true. But unusual not to demolish everything in a single contract. I hope you are right though and I prove to be wrong.

This is the portion that Maclab owns... We can assume it will get done and will get done very very well. They are already into this project for millions.

This is the portion that Maclab owns... We can assume it will get done and will get done very very well. They are already into this project for millions.
Does Day own the portion north of the alley proceeding as phase 1? If so then it appears it may be that Day has found the where with all to proceed in this joint development and Maclab have not or decided to defer or slow the progress?

The entire project sits on a single lot so the ownership of the towers is not split up. The 'Park View General Partnership Ltd.' (made up up, I'm assuming, John Day, Maclab and Pangman) owns the lot.

The entire project sits on a single lot so the ownership of the towers is not split up. The 'Park View General Partnership Ltd.' (made up up, I'm assuming, John Day, Maclab and Pangman) owns the lot.
So it's all for one and one for all. But there will be the lead general partner ... I wonder who is wearing the gloves?

Drove around the property today….was expecting to see a bunch of hippies chained to a gas line or something, to my surprise….none! Lots of Ledcor signs on the fencing too bad the entire site is not fenced up and awaiting the demo ball.

Reactions: God
Ian, run down there and grab a pic please....
DSC00737.JPG
DSC00738.JPG
DSC00739.JPG
DSC00740.JPG

Back