What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is disturbing.
4899E159-DAC9-4F62-A285-DF0BC22E26BA.jpeg

Phased demolition and construction, and, some business willing to sign a short term lease that likely doesn't favour them.
It also means some entrepreneur may have got a good lease rate and will sell lots of fast food to the hundreds of workers building the tower over the next 2-3 years. Yes I know, not quite the upside we would rather not see happen.

It also means some entrepreneur may have got a good lease rate and will sell lots of fast food to the hundreds of workers building the tower over the next 2-3 years. Yes I know, not quite the upside we would rather not see happen.
I think it is going to be another shoe repair.

This should have been expected. The first tower WILL get built; though it won't be for a while IMO. With materials' shortages and the cost of labour currently at much higher levels, the cost of construction for the first tower is about 30% higher than 18 months ago. I suspect we're a couple years away from breaking ground, so it makes sense to find a new tenant until market conditions are more favourable.

Folks, we know that this is a phased development with the north portion starting first. If I were Maclab and Pangman you bet I would be looking at entering into short term leases to generate some type of cashflow in buildings that are not destined for demolition for another 2-3 years. Nothing wrong with that at all.

The former nightclub spaces facing Jasper look awful - unfortunate to have them in such a sorry state for a few more years before demolition.
They should have demolished it now And used for a lay down area for construction and after that clean it up and sod it for temp park until they are ready to go with the second tower.

The former nightclub spaces facing Jasper look awful - unfortunate to have them in such a sorry state for a few more years before demolition.

I have a brilliant idea!
Demolish the nightclubs now and transform into a temporary pocket park until development commences.
That pocket park could be a preview of what to expect with the warehouse park.
This also buys some room around the LRT entrance.

I have a brilliant idea!
Demolish the nightclubs now and transform into a temporary pocket park until development commences.
That pocket park could be a preview of what to expect with the warehouse park.
This also buys some room around the LRT entrance.
Neither are great, but there are two existing buildings here, we are dealing with, in two different very different states.

First, there is the former nightclub space building, which is far as I can tell is totally empty and probably not even being maintained. Then there is the smaller building on the corner which amazingly may soon be be fully occupied, with presumably short term tenants.

A temporary park would be an improvement for the first one.

Back