Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
I assume that this switched to 100% apartment then? And that's about a 50% increase in # of units, and thus a lot of interior shifting about. Losing the 2nd floor office is fine, but curious if most\all of the larger units disappear? Really hope this project proceeds, it's been a long time coming.

I assume that this switched to 100% apartment then? And that's about a 50% increase in # of units, and thus a lot of interior shifting about. Losing the 2nd floor office is fine, but curious if most\all of the larger units disappear? Really hope this project proceeds, it's been a long time coming.
Sounds like there's still some retail on the base of this I believe. Would love to see some updated plans.

Unit increase DP revision was approved:

Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Dec 18, 2019
Status Approved
Description of Development To construct interior alterations to increase the number of Apartment House Dwellings in a mixed use building from 131 Dwellings to 196 Dwellings, and to convert the second floor Professional, Financial, and Office Support Service Use to Apartment Housing (MEZZO).
Address 10516 - 81 AVENUE NW

I'm still hesitant. Their other project is currently a big hole in the ground. They better have all their ducks in a row before they dig another hole.
So there isn't a big hole in the ground, I don't think. Although unless I'm mistaken there isn't any construction either.

@Kaizen I had a stroke reading that ngl

I think West Oak was working through the affordable housing component of the project earlier this year, so hopefully that is wrapped up now and they are looking towards construction.
Any chance you have details on their other project that was stalled? I can't find the thread at the moment, but it is interesting they would move ahead with this one given the other project's progress or lack thereof.

From what I heard, WestOak's most recent revision on this one (including revision to the affordable housing portion) had not gone well and when combined with the market, they'd essentially thrown in the towel on this development.

I guess never say never, but it sounded very much dead. Pretty disappointing.

Back