Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters
Just a piece of completely unsolicited advice from someone experienced in industry, if you are considering taking over a multi million dollar stalled project, especially in today’s economic environment, asking a general forum what they’d consider fair rent is not the best or most advisable way to do due diligence before spending your or your investors capital.

I would recommend a whole lot deeper level of due diligence, comp analysis, speaking with those in industry in the market and contractors, financiers, among many other layers of due diligence.

Taking on more than one can handle is one of the reasons projects like this stall in the first place and are left vacant or in judicial sale.

Just my free advisory services for the day.
Lol! thanks for your unsolicited piece of advice! You don't even know me and you are judging me for a question in a forum?? for your information I am very successful multifamily developer in the city. I don't need to show here with my real name and company. AND the reason I ask stuffs in this forum is not for lack of information (as per your advice) is because I want to have a real engagement with community, talk with real people,neighbors etc. By no meaning I am here looking for advices or deep analysis or all the stuffs you are saying. that's nonesense. my question was based more on what would you consider fair???

My free advisory service today is: don't give another piece of advice to someone haven't ask you.

what would you consider a fair rent $ for 2bdr 2bth?

Lol! thanks for your unsolicited piece of advice! You don't even know me and you are judging me for a question in a forum?? for your information I am very successful multifamily developer in the city. I don't need to show here with my real name and company. AND the reason I ask stuffs in this forum is not for lack of information (as per your advice) is because I want to have a real engagement with community, talk with real people,neighbors etc. By no meaning I am here looking for advices or deep analysis or all the stuffs you are saying. that's nonesense. my question was based more on what would you consider fair???

My free advisory service today is: don't give another piece of advice to someone haven't ask you.
My comment wasn’t actually even unsolicited. In bold, above, you asked the question. You asked an open forum for advice on rent.

You are correct, I do not know you, but most successful developers I work with in the area
1. Know what appropriate rental rates are
2. Know where and how to find appropriate rental rates
3. Aren’t asking open forums for advice on appropriate rental rates.

I truly hope you are a successful developer as you claim because last thing the community needs is someone who takes over this project and it fails a second time because the level of due diligence on rental rates is asking an open forum.

As for what I personally think is fair, well that would be what the market dictates.

Best of luck to you, and more importantly the Whyte ave community if you take this project over.

This is positive.

---
Samuel Dean (He/Him) • 1stSenior Vice President, Western Canada Multifamily,

As the Court of King’s Bench’s Court appointed listing agent, Jones Lang LaSalle Real Estate Services, Inc. (“JLL” or the “Advisor”) is pleased to announce the successful sale of a mixed-use development site located at 10506 – 81 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta (the “Property”). Located in the heart of Old Strathcona and encompassing the northwest corner of 105 Street NW and 81 Avenue NW, the Property offers prime street level frontage and excellent walkability to nearby services and amenities.

Please reach out to a member of our team to learn more about the transaction.

Back