The Mercury Block | 21.7m | 6s

^WOW! And I love the pics with the church/steeple in the background, too.

Can't wait to ride my bike past and stop in - over and over again.

Same man, same.

The renderings look great but I'm a bit concerned the EIFS massing isn't going to turn out as slick and modern in reality. Especially if there is any fading or staining down in the future on the black elevations.
We used black coloured EIFS on Crawford Block and its almost 5-years old and holding up just fine. The single storey commercial building on 124 Street and 106 Avenue (east side) uses black coloured EIFS and that is over 10-years old and that too has held up well.

We used black coloured EIFS on Crawford Block and its almost 5-years old and holding up just fine. The single storey commercial building on 124 Street and 106 Avenue (east side) uses black coloured EIFS and that is over 10-years old and that too has held up well.
That's great to hear, maybe the rain in Vancouver is more punishing on the color because I've seen quite a few former black now various shades of gray EIFS.

Last edited:
7814050D-A731-4111-A75E-714FCBC8CA96.jpeg

We went yesterday to a tour in The Maclaren. At the end of the tour, Edgar had set up the renders for The Mercury Block. They were responding questions and overall everyone was happy with the concept.
Something they mentioned is that they wanted to create a word of mouth name for this area, now that The Mercury, OE2, Open Sky, etc are being added. They want to call it "West Village"... which in my opinion feels unoriginal. I think we could come up with a better name that could be unique of Edmonton.
Thoughts?

We went yesterday to a tour in The Maclaren. At the end of the tour, Edgar had set up the renders for The Mercury Block. They were responding questions and overall everyone was happy with the concept.
Something they mentioned is that they wanted to create a word of mouth name for this area, now that The Mercury, OE2, Open Sky, etc are being added. They want to call it "West Village"... which in my opinion feels unoriginal. I think we could come up with a better name that could be unique of Edmonton.
Thoughts?

West Towne? 😛

I'm not good at these things, but yes we can do better than this, especially since Calgary already has a " West Village"

Back