The Mercury Block | 21.7m | 6s

I am resigned to the fact that it may be DOA.

I quite liked your idea though I did not understand the route and stops. I know you still have your hopes up for the gondola project, the fate of which will depend entirely on the politic of the new council and mayor. I am hoping for a progressive majority of councillors and a progressive mayor to lead us forward and not into darkness that can be had for a Nickel.

@Fuzzy

I believe this is the same project: From the Sept 7, 2021 Edmonton Design Committee Minutes,

D.1. Oliver West Mixed-Use Development (for DP)
Anne Hujber - Hodgson Shilf Evans Architects
MOTION: A. Benoit Motion of support
SECONDED: D. Brown The committee supports this project, and encourages Administration to accept the variances proposed at this time.
CARRIED FOR THE MOTION: J. Mills, A. Benoit, D. Brown, D. Deshpande, K. Dieterman, M. Figueira, S. Kaznacheeva, K. Liu, T. Ziola

Major Development Permit
Reference Id:Job No 402632186-002
Description:The construct and operate a a mixed-Use building with Commercial Uses on the ground level with two (2) Specialty Food Services (Public Space of 64.4 m2 and 64.4 m2) and four (4) Restaurants (89.6 m2 of Public Space and 86.8 m2 of Public Space and 55.3 m2 of Public Space and 125.3 m2 of Public Space), and four (4) General Retail Stores; with 6 Storeys of Multi-unit Housing (158 Dwelling units); and three levels of underground parkade with 190 vehicular parking stalls consisting of 62 vehicular parking stalls as Vehicle Parking Use and 128 Accessory vehicular parking stalls for Multi-unit Housing Use; and a rooftop patio; and to construct an internal courtyard public space framed by Commercial tenant bays with connectivity to both 102 Avenue and 123 Street; and to construct exterior alterations to the Site.
Plan RN22 Blk 20 Lots 11-14
Applicant:HODGSON SCHILF EVANS ARCHITECTS
Create Date:2021/07/15
Neighbourhood:OLIVER

Wow - it's like a little shopping district once that opens. "Commercial Uses on the ground level with two (2) Specialty Food Services (Public Space of 64.4 m2 and 64.4 m2) and four (4) Restaurants (89.6 m2 of Public Space and 86.8 m2 of Public Space and 55.3 m2 of Public Space and 125.3 m2 of Public Space), and four (4) General Retail Stores". Our Uptown is blossoming very nicely.

With 158 proposed dwellings on 6 floors that's an average of 26 units per floor - that seems like a lot given the size of this piece of land and that a decent portion will be open courtyard in the middle. They must be pretty small dwellings, no?

Bad news on this project... for me and @thommyjo that is. I heard from this developer and this project is slated to be rentals.

I was told sales are harder to come by in Edmonton's downtown/Oliver which is why Edgar are favoring rentals. I told him there are a couple of people interested in putting down deposits though and then I was asked if a 550 sq ft one bedroom for $300-$350k was in my ballpark.

If anyone else would like to purchase in this building, contact Henry Edgar and let him know ASAP, ha - we might be able to sway him.

It sounds like their other project The Shift will be sales or part of it.

Sounds like they are dubbing the area where this project is at as the West Village.

Bad news on this project... for me and @thommyjo that is. I heard from this developer and this project is slated to be rentals.

I was told sales are harder to come by in Edmonton's downtown/Oliver which is why Edgar are favoring rentals. I told him there are a couple of people interested in putting down deposits though and then I was asked if a 550 sq ft one bedroom for $300-$350k was in my ballpark.

If anyone else would like to purchase in this building, contact Henry Edgar and let him know ASAP, ha - we might be able to sway him.

It sounds like their other project The Shift will be sales or part of it.

Sounds like they are dubbing the area where this project is at as the West Village.
Helpful to know thanks!

Yeah, I would love if there were 3bdrms around 500k. That'd be the dream.

How did you contact?

Back