The MacLaren | 85.04m | 27s | Edgar | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
McKernnin Ravine walk 2019-09-22 125.JPG

Some killer views out of this one, would probably pull the trigger if units weren't starting at $1600 a month (probably before fees too ?)

North East being my favorite, would be fun to watch the development over the years from there.

4th pic from the top -- worked on this project with architect Wayne Scott (perfect name for an architect, don't you think?) back in the '70s -- at that time we designed it as a ladies' clothing store retail outlet (client's name escapes me for the moment). I am happy to see that it is still in the Edmonton mix. We had a few buildings underscoring this design idiom sprinkled throughout the Oliver district (stained Cedar siding, shed-roof forms, skylights and interior well planting). Excellent photos by the way, @Grandinite!

4th pic from the top -- worked on this project with architect Wayne Scott (perfect name for an architect, don't you think?) back in the '70s -- at that time we designed it as a ladies' clothing store retail outlet (client's name escapes me for the moment). I am happy to see that it is still in the Edmonton mix. We had a few buildings underscoring this design idiom sprinkled throughout the Oliver district (stained Cedar siding, shed-roof forms, skylights and interior well planting). Excellent photos by the way, @Grandinite!

Did you guys design Oliver House on 118 St off of Jasper? It houses a Dental office right now but my mom worked for LGS for 12 years and I believe they were the original tenants. It was designed back in the late 70s if I'm correct and has a similar design aesthetic to what you're describing.

Yes we did @StopDropandLOL -- that project was an extension/addition to a (completely gutted) house -- originally it was intended to be an office for Wayne Scott Architects. The beauty of this project (if we are talking about the same place) was the incredible clinker brick exterior walls (which we preserved at my insistence). I don't think that Wayne ever actually occupied the space -- maybe sold to a building contractor/engineer, if memory serves. Many of the projects that we did in Oliver were remakes of existing houses.

Yes we did @StopDropandLOL -- that project was an extension/addition to a (completely gutted) house -- originally it was intended to be an office for Wayne Scott Architects. The beauty of this project (if we are talking about the same place) was the incredible clinker brick exterior walls (which we preserved at my insistence). I don't think that Wayne ever actually occupied the space -- maybe sold to a building contractor/engineer, if memory serves. Many of the projects that we did in Oliver were remakes of existing houses.

This was the building in question. I remember running through here as a child and loving it. It was like a really fancy house that was converted into office space, and I remember how warm the materials were inside and it really gave me a sense of comfort. My Dad and I would come on a Saturday when it was empty and he would do repair work and I would play. It really was a catalyst for my love of Architecture.

oliverhouse.JPG

Back