The Louvre at Century Park | ?m | 6s | ProCura Real Estate | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
198323F6-229A-40D9-A868-2BD763D511C2.jpeg

Love it! Developers across Edmonton take note on how to build decent midrise. I'll take the louvre any day over the style of mid rise with extremely poor street interaction that Edmonton seems to be addicted to.

View attachment 354432
Ahh yes, my favourite "mega suburban house" design 😋

Lol but seriously, these kinds buildings wouldn't be so bad is they just had better interaction with the surrounding street (like having sidewalks directly to ground floor suites and reducing the amount of setback required) and had more mixed-use options, but as of now most are just car-oriented complexes which discourage pedestrian traffic.

Love it! Developers across Edmonton take note on how to build decent midrise. I'll take the louvre any day over the style of mid rise with extremely poor street interaction that Edmonton seems to be addicted to.
Mean while at Regency Developments...

51697139065_6ef8579f5f_b.jpg

This afternoon,
Looking N/W, between the Spa Lady reno's and another small retail building (Safeway Liquor ?)

East face

North face

View attachment 369966

S/W corner

I know developers use European names and images to make their projects seem cultured or high-end, but I cannot think of a building that is less Parisian that the Louvre (in Edmonton). At least in China they copy the style of European cities. Here, we just build mediocre North American-style buildings, give them silly European names and slap up some photos of what the original is supposed to look like. I find this a bit cringe, TBH.

I've always hated the name. Ridiculous. The building turned out not too bad though. Good density for the area with the addition of some ground floor commercial. This TOD is starting to come along.
Agreed. No complaints on the building. Name is silly though.

I like Edgar's style. Classy, but not trying too hard.

The hendrix, the macleran.

Back