The Louvre at Century Park | ?m | 6s | ProCura Real Estate | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Sep 24, 2019
Status In Progress
Description of Development To construct a mixed-use building consisting of a 358 Dwellings Apartment House, 5 Live-Work Units, and 5 General Retail Stores units (The Louvre).
Address 2504 - 110 STREET NW

"On behalf of ProCura and Century Park Developments, we are very proud to now formally announce our receipt of the Development Permit for The Louvre. Foundation Permit to be submitted immediately to CoE. This building boasts 358 “affordable luxury apartments” and 5 CRU spaces as a premier mixed use development. ProCura’s commitment to sustainability and minimizing our climate impacts through development remain a high priority. For The Louvre we are committed to a solar initiative and high efficiency systems for the building. Our amenity spaces are under design development with IBI Group and are very forward thinking. The Louvre is dedicated to the creation and preserving of art. This project is slated for immediate ground breaking at Century Park now that Central Tower is complete and maintaining a successful lease up. Our project team includes DIALOG / Arrow Engineering Inc. / Stantec / Protostatix Engineering Consultants Inc. / Shelby Engineering Ltd. / Bunt and Associates / Brandon Billsten (Turner and Townsend) / Canada ICI Capital Corporation and many others. Thank you to our project team for the advancement and we look forward to the Ground Breaking announcement in the coming weeks."

I think this one will largely depend on what the actual finished materials used are. One reason I liked the clock tower design is that the materials looked solid, especially given Pelli Clarke Pelli was involved. I imagine things were turned over to Dialog at some point. Hopefully, some of the refinement is retained - it feels like it was dumbed down too far for our market - maybe some of the "luxury" will be found inside. Whenever luxury is tossed around in Edmonton though, it doesn't have a lot of meaning outside of detached housing (except perhaps West Block and elements of the Pearl)

I'm cautiously optimistic.

I preferred the original render. This one is o.k. too but seems a bit too average / boring for my liking. Having said that, I'd still be excited to see this built cause ten years ago we had high hopes for this piece of land, and now we're just hoping to get rid of the gravel.

PERMIT_DATE October 25, 2019
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct EXCAVATION ONLY for a new 6 storey mixed-use building. (Louvre Residences)
BUILDING_TYPE Engineering (490)
WORK_TYPE (04) Excavation
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE $612,813
ADDRESS 2504 - 110 STREET NW

Back