The Hive | 75.89m | 22s | Beljan Development | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This type of flooding has happened recently at several condo towers in Toronto as well, I believe PJ which is still under construction was one. It even made somewhat of a waterfall falling from the balconies.

This type of flooding has happened recently at several condo towers in Toronto as well, I believe PJ which is still under construction was one. It even made somewhat of a waterfall falling from the balconies.
We've had it happen in Edmonton as well. It does depend on the type of pipe. Can't tell in that video if the were Victaulic fittings but if they were not installed right failure a year later is possible. I did an assessment on one major flood when the toilet connection failed. When I did some research that particular fitting failed quite regularly. This looks like a larger diameter pipe. have had Aquatherm piping fail as well. Most others are soldered or welded. Either way the Contractors are going to have one hell of a lawsuit.

I could see Henderson voting against it as it had quite a bit of local opposition.
Makes sense. Nickel, Henderson and who else?
Anyways, I always bet on Nickel voting against anything that will be good for the city, unless it's more freeways and greenfield developments.

Regardless, I'm happy it was approved. Congratulations @cmd uw !!! This will be one of the finest additions to that part of town!

This made me curious about Nickels voting record since I can't think of any justifiable reason to vote against this, and I found this. Obviously not everything they're voting on is rezonings, but I think it's pretty clear who the ultimate Nimby is...
https://coffeeandbayleaves.wordpress.com/2020/11/09/edmonton-city-council/

1621461829564.png
1621461859171.png

You need a 'nickel' on council to a certain extent and I appreciate some of his perspectives, but again, it's how you do it.

You need a 'nickel' on council to a certain extent and I appreciate some of his perspectives, but again, it's how you do it.
I tend to disagree... While having different perspectives is a food thing, from what I've seen Nickel do, it seems like he is voting against things for the sake of it.
He is combative, barely ever proposes anything or is open to any kind of debates and compromises.
Nickel seems to me like an old school politician with zero willingness to move from the 1970s to the 21st century.

On another note: this posts should be moved to the Municipal Elections, I guess... I love discussing politics, but don't think that this is the thread.

Back