The Hive | 75.89m | 22s | Beljan Development | Hodgson Schilf Evans

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First off, tower projects just don't happen that quickly. There's a lot of work that has to be done before you get into a position to submitting a development permit application, then into detailed design, then submitting a building permit, then financing, then construction. Lot's of steps, and money, to spend before we get even close to getting a shovel in the ground. Given that this acquisition also includes the Tang Bistro site, we're generating revenue while we continue to refine our plans. We hope to be in a position to submit our development permit sometimes in Q4-22.

First off, tower projects just don't happen that quickly. There's a lot of work that has to be done before you get into a position to submitting a development permit application, then into detailed design, then submitting a building permit, then financing, then construction. Lot's of steps, and money, to spend before we get even close to getting a shovel in the ground. Given that this acquisition also includes the Tang Bistro site, we're generating revenue while we continue to refine our plans. We hope to be in a position to submit our development permit sometimes in Q4-22.
If you’re acquiring Tang, wouldnt you have to acquire the strip mall to the south as well in order to form a contiguous development site?

I hope it didn't get cancelled
Also if it does I will have it set to cancelled officially on SSP by Database Correction
Yes I am on SSP (skyscraperpage)
Let's dial down the rhetoric and posts about projects being cancelled without any solid information. If you stick around here long enough, you will realize there are quite a few people either directly in the industry or in the know with industry that are generally forthcoming about the status of a given project.

Also, no need to talk about SSP here - you're on a different site. :)

If you’re acquiring Tang, wouldnt you have to acquire the strip mall to the south as well in order to form a contiguous development site?
Nope. The Tang site was tied to the parking lot on the opposite side. The sites weren't physically connected to each other other then being zoned under the same DC2, which we amended with our new rezoning.

Back