The Edward | 40m | 13s | ANU Developments | Gardner Architecture

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Description: To add 13 Dwellings to an approved Multi-unit Housing (apartment) building with a total of 161 Dwellings, and to construct exterior alterations (revise site layout) (The Edward).
Permit date: July 14, 2020
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 12235 - 106 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: WESTMOUNT
Zoning: DC1

Description: To add 13 Dwellings to an approved Multi-unit Housing (apartment) building with a total of 161 Dwellings, and to construct exterior alterations (revise site layout) (The Edward).
Permit date: July 14, 2020
Type: Development Permit
Subtype: Major Development Permit
Category: N/A
Class: Class B
Address: 12235 - 106 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: WESTMOUNT
Zoning: DC1

Sweet! All systems go I hope

From Saturday evening:

A5B62068-03B6-4313-BDF0-9FAC697C25C2.jpeg

A few days ago a precast pedestal base was installed on the SE corner of the site, right in the corner next to the alley and the neighbouring condo building. Today, the steel contraption was gone, with only a couple rebar sections sticking out of the ground. it was dark out, so i didn't bother to get a photo of what remains. not sure what this means. I think the pedestal base might be unrelated; but the steel structure going away means something, either construction progressing, or shutting down. We shall see!

A few days ago a precast pedestal base was installed on the SE corner of the site, right in the corner next to the alley and the neighbouring condo building. Today, the steel contraption was gone, with only a couple rebar sections sticking out of the ground. it was dark out, so i didn't bother to get a photo of what remains. not sure what this means. I think the pedestal base might be unrelated; but the steel structure going away means something, either construction progressing, or shutting down. We shall see!
I can't imagine whatever this was was part of the future building. If you look closely, it looks like there is a random chair underneath whatever it was.

That said, I don't know what this would have been in the old building either.
Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 11.00.08 AM.png

Back