What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looks like MC College is moving in:

Reference ID: Job No 102010513-028
Description: To operate a Commercial School and to construct interior alterations (Floors 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 - MC College).
Plan B2 Blk 6 Lot 162
Applicant: DUB ARCHITECTS LIMITED
Create Date: 6/18/2018 9:43:29 AM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

Interesting. So the MC College proposal North of GMac is good as dead then.

The Edge was purported to be a condominium building -- it would be interesting to find out if MC College bought into the building or worked out a lease deal. If a lease, then it is likely that they are going to go ahead with their own building; if they bought, then likely not.

An email update from Gene Dub:

MC College will be occupying floors 2-8. Their company FCE Enterprises bought the
entire building and Dub Architects will lease back the top two floors. The first floor use
is still up in the air.

PC110678.jpg
PC110679.jpg
PC110680.jpg

PC110678.jpgPC110679.jpgPC110680.jpg

@Kaizen, @Daveography -- this is one of the most beautiful buildings in the mode of the International Style that I have ever seen -- Edmonton is very fortunate; and so are we all! And it so elegantly complements the other buildings on the block. This is an unrivaled complex, even though developed independently. Edmonton, too, is lucky to have a Gene Dub working on the scene.

@archited , I fully agree. Having this building bookend the block is genius. Can Dub out-do himself after this one! Well worth the wait.

Of International flare, a close second for me is our CN Tower. Would love a full podium redo here.

Back