The Augustana | 96m | 30s | Pangman | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
It was my understanding that the general height restriction downtown was roughly 150 metres, but did it vary from site to site?

It was my understanding that the general height restriction downtown was roughly 150 metres, but did it vary from site to site?

Depends on the approach and take off routes. The closer to the airport the more the restriction in height in general though.

Yup, here is the ol' overlay. I suspect this thing was right in the midst of it.
overlayairport.PNG

Attachments

• overlayairport.PNG
    overlayairport.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 973
Edmonton could still use a near-downtown VTOL-only airport -- NASA has projected that VTOLs will be the way of the future especially connecting hubs (like Edmonton) to outlying communities (think Vegreville, Whitecourt, Red Deer, Camrose, Athabasca, Cold Lake). That is one of the main reasons why we included a VTOL function in our proposal for the Coliseum and adjacent land.

Augustana Lutheran Church Site Redevelopment
The former Augustana Lutheran Church site at 107 Street and 99 Avenue is currently being redeveloped for 235-unit rental apartment tower. This tower and rezoning was supported by DECL and approved by City Council late fall 2016. It will bring much needed residential and retail into the area.

In the process of this redevelopment 3 mature trees will unfortunately need to be taken out. They will be replaced with an improved public realm and wider sidewalks, including 7 new trees of larger than standard caliper planted in silviculture growing medium to ensure proper nutrients and moisture for the roots of the trees.

DECL was consulted on this change. We asked that information be provided to us that could be shared with our members and residents, and contact information provided should anyone have any questions. We can also pass along any questions or concerns.

Jill Robertson AALA OALA LEEDR AP (ND)
Associate, Landscape Architecture
DIALOG

We were also able to confirm that adjacent sidewalks on both 107 Street and 99 Avenue will remain open for the duration of the construction.

2017-01-04-Augustana-Public-Realm-information-page-001-791x1024.jpg
2017-01-04-Augustana-Public-Realm-information-page-002-791x1024.jpg

http://www.decl.org/2017/01/03/augustana-lutheran-church-site-redevelopment/

Last edited:
I walk by this every so often. Will snap a picture or two if I see any activity.

DP issued, should be starting the action very soon. Will try to swing by this week to see.

PERMIT_DATE October 26, 2017
PERMIT_NUMBER 177780780-007
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10620 - 99 AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct SHORING AND EXCAVATION ONLY for the construction of a future multi-use building - The Augustana.
BUILDING_TYPE Office Complex (522)
WORK_TYPE (04) Excavation
FLOOR_AREA
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 1,800,000
ZONING DC2

Back