The Artisan | 31.09m | 8s | Kota Contracting | DER + Associates

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I really like this proposal, lot and would rank it as a highly desirable choice for living in Edmonton if it were to go ahead.

This is suffering the same fates as Tower 101 and Emerald.
And yeah DER is involved - nuff said!
As much as I dislike DER's designs, this is squarely on the developer not moving forward with the project and doesn't have anything to do with the architect.

Apologies for the awful photo quality (was riding my bike to work):

BC6F9A5B-C70A-40C8-9719-8944C6045345.jpeg

Listing:

Hopefully something finally gets built on this site!

I am quite surprised this has been sitting empty so long. I had thought when the church was torn down something would replace it fairly quickly.

You would think this is a very good location, with a lot of retail very close by, several bus routes to both the university and downtown, and some other sites nearby have been developed with fairly nice buildings.

So I wonder what the problem here is.

I am quite surprised this has been sitting empty so long. I had thought when the church was torn down something would replace it fairly quickly.

You would think this is a very good location, with a lot of retail very close by, several bus routes to both the university and downtown, and some other sites nearby have been developed with fairly nice buildings.

So I wonder what the problem here is.

DER is involved - nuff said!

Pricing?

There are also a few low-rise walk-ups just north along 109st that are now available and so we should see a bunch of new life along there in the near-ish future.

DER is involved - nuff said!

I'm not one to casually defend DER, but this was one of their better designs.

Also, the architect has very little to do with the owner/developer's ability to actually finance and build.

The ‘For Sale’ sign is gone, though the listing is still active so I doubt it means anything (unless anyone has heard otherwise.)

Also, the walk up apartment just to the north of this is boarded up (think it has been for a little while.)

It would be great to see some movement on these sites this year!

Back