Terrace Heights Supportive Housing | ?m | 5s | Homeward Trust

Taken this April 9th,
to bad they dumbed down the design, but it's all good.
DSCN2542.JPG

DSCN2554.JPG
DSCN2552.JPG

Not just a comment on the design. Building supportive housing in communities (that aren't just McCauley) that all have great proximity to amenities, done fairly efficiently as far as speed and construction methods go (even despite COVID supply chain issues delaying the project by ~10 months), and having them staffed 24/7... great stuff and great project.

Could a few more dollars have gone to design? Sure... but consider time of the project (these are stick built off-site modular built during time of insane lumber prices) and the clear need of function over form. Better that then chopping the number of units to fit budget.

The design and form built are adequate, but the execution could have been a bit more inspiring. The color co-ordination is very sterile and non stimulating. Very brain drain blah.

I don't mean to post a bunch of redundant photos of this building, but I will ( : Just a bit better side.
This angle shows the red railings, (which I quite like) and would probably make it near impossible to jump off.
And the red window trim (1 sided only) gives the veiw from the west a bit of flare.
Pretty much the building is a future mural project just waiting to happen.
DSCN2680~2.JPG
DSCN2679~2.JPG

From this past Saturday

This is great news.

Do you have a link with further information?

If you have access to Alberta Purchasing Connection, you can publicly find open, closed, and awarded results of many Alberta-based procurement opportunities and results there. Of course it's up to the specific client to post the awarded status, but it's generally pretty up-to-date. I believe you do need to register as a vendor on APC though. As well, here's a funding announcement from CMHC in February related to these projects. Here's another CBC article about Edmonton's application for the third round of RHI funding.

EDIT: Here's a great City of Edmonton Council Report from March 1 outlining it as well.

Last edited:
If you have access to Alberta Purchasing Connection, you can publicly find open, closed, and awarded results of many Alberta-based procurement opportunities and results there. Of course it's up to the specific client to post the awarded status, but it's generally pretty up-to-date. I believe you do need to register as a vendor on APC though. As well, here's a funding announcement from CMHC in February related to these projects. Here's another CBC article about Edmonton's application for the third round of RHI funding.

EDIT: Here's a great City of Edmonton Council Report from March 1 outlining it as well.

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to seeing where they’ll be built and what they’ll look like.

I suspect the Garneau site is on the SE corner of 111 street and 83 avenue (11053 83 avenuue) and could include the small lot adjacent to it (11047)

Back