Terrace Heights Supportive Housing | ?m | 5s | Homeward Trust

Daveography

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Terrace Heights Supportive Housing proposal by the City of Edmonton, located at Terrace Road and ~65 St. 40 units.

9445530626202001570243-2.png

9445530626202001570243-3.png

1593204589851.png

Last edited:
As a point of interest, this property was slated to be a parking lot for the skatepark and an expansion of the ravine park behind it. Basically, the City would only have allowed the continued expansion of the park by putting the South East Community League Association (SECLA) on the hook for something between $500K - $1M (can't recall the exact amount, but it was A LOT). Yes, even despite the ridiculous amounts of underutilized parking nearby.

The city wanting to put supportive housing here was a huge relief for the organization, as is the passing of the Open Option Parking.

Both the Inglewood and Westmount projects are past the main floor phase. I was surprised to see these as concrete structures.
It's for increased fire protection measures that allowed the sites to all be developed without constructing new hydrants and as much watermain as EPCOR originally wanted.

Bit of a step down in design, at least looking at renders, but still happy it's moving ahead.

I agree; although the budgets are tiny on these, had to be extremely rushed as these originally needed to be done this year (they might need to now bleed into 2022), and they're all modular buildings (except for the podiums). I think the designers were probably placed between a rock and a hard place with what to do with these, all things considered; not much room here for traditional design process.

Back