TELUS Toll Building Mechanical Work | 73m | 12s | TELUS

Has anyone got a grip on precisely what is going on here?

As someone who works for that company, I can tell you first of all this is one of the most important buildings in Alberta. There is a lot of sensitive (and heat producing) equipment in this building, and because of this HVAC upgrades are sorely needed. Aside from this, there are also ongoing reno's taking place inside the building. I've been on every floor in this building and it's quite dated and has never been reno'd before to my knowledge. There are still ashtrays in the bathroom stalls for example, and the elevators are original (or from the 70's or 80's at least)

Last edited:
During my days as a balancer. There was major changes when the switch gear was converted to digital. And there were teleconference suite developed. But that was years ago. The HVAC was old then and we were pushing the maximum air capacity. As they added more digital equipment the cooling was pretty much at maximum capacity and was inadequate.

During my days as a balancer. There was major changes when the switch gear was converted to digital. And there were teleconference suite developed. But that was years ago. The HVAC was old then and we were pushing the maximum air capacity. As they added more digital equipment the cooling was pretty much at maximum capacity and was inadequate.

I remember at one point they broke some windows, then run over to Canadian Tire to buy fans in order to prevent some of the equipment from melting down

Last edited:
From yesterday, is this luffers days finally coming to an end? 🥳
2020-07-05 125.JPG

@bodsbods9090 Doesn't sound like a full reclad from this, but that doesn't mean it might not come later:

PERMIT_DATE July 06, 2020
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 10019 - 102 AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct exterior alterations to a Commercial Business and Personal Services building, ''Telus Toll Building''. Repairs/Maintenance to exterior side of building envelope.
BUILDING_TYPE Office Buildings (520)
WORK_TYPE (03) Exterior Alterations
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 200,000

Back