What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Hasn't changed. We went there last week and got our food from El Mariachi, which one of the bartenders suggested, btw.
It's an uncommon proposition, but I think it is a good one, helps them keep the costs low and true to their calling (awesome beers)
Plus it helps their neighbours and small businesses.

52162346335_0eabd63d64_k.jpg

Powerage Wine & Spirits is now open

I can't justify spending over $6 for a tiny wine glass of beer. I am amazed at how high beer prices have gone.

I can't justify spending over $6 for a tiny wine glass of beer. I am amazed at how high beer prices have gone.
It's good to remember that most of the province has faced drought conditions in the past year, which raised the price of grains significantly. Staffing has also become more expensive, as the job market is now favoring the job seekers (and has been like this for almost 7 months now). Other issues in the supply chain, costs of marketing and distribution (think gas/diesel) have made things go up.
Especially for small, local breweries, it's either raising prices or going out of business.

It's good to remember that most of the province has faced drought conditions in the past year, which raised the price of grains significantly. Staffing has also become more expensive, as the job market is now favoring the job seekers (and has been like this for almost 7 months now). Other issues in the supply chain, costs of marketing and distribution (think gas/diesel) have made things go up.
Especially for small, local breweries, it's either raising prices or going out of business.
Yeah, yeah everything is up, but not everyones wages. I think it will take a buyers strike to restore some cost/price discipline or sanity. The past every cost (or more) on to customers approach is lazy and at times dishonest.

Powerage opened up in the lower level space. Seems like it's been hopping. They are also finally back to finishing up Grizzlar...they took a bit of a pause.
Hi there. Powerage is indeed open and its a lot of fun.

We've had a number of difficulties getting the cafe space open and expectations to delivery didn't quite line up. We had to re-engineer the hvac system as there wasn't enough air in the suite and we had a number of other issues that took us a lot longer and a lot more resources than we anticipated. Is not that we "took a pause."

Couple that with maintaining a roasting business in the inner city without taking public assistance and we have had quite the time getting going. Good news is that it is on the way soon and it will be really special. If you have any spefic questions, please let me know!

I heard a tequila bar was supposed to go in the basement
Powerage is working on a direct import Mezcal list with a friend from Oaxaca. We will be doing private and ticketed tastings in the next few weeks and should be stocking up to 6-8 artisanally produced mezcal selections in the next few weeks.

At the moment, we've got 18 bottles of wine, 10 canadian whiskies 12 unique vodkas/gins and a killlller aperatif selection. The fridge is full with 16+ beer,cider and rtd cans and we always play rock n roll.

Open till 2am most days. See you soon.

Back