Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Stationlands tower crane

It has been an exciting few months for development in the core of the city. Qualico Properties recently broke ground on their master-planned residential community, Station Lands, immediately north of EPCOR Tower. The first phase of this development will see two buildings constructed, one mid-rise and one high-rise, containing 285 and 326 residential units, respectively. These buildings will also include commercial and family-friendly public spaces that will connect to EPCOR Tower and Buco Pizzeria directly by pedway. Their anticipated opening of 2024 is just on the horizon and will inject density mere steps away from Churchill Square, Stanley Milner Public Library, and of course, ICE District.

The reference they use is a Qualico press release which states that only the mid-rise building is part of this phase. @MacLac Going off your post, are you confident that this has changed, and they're now doing both buildings at once?
“First phase of this development will see 2 buildings contracted, 1 mid rise and 1 high rise…….” Pretty much sums it up?

“First phase of this development will see 2 buildings contracted, 1 mid rise and 1 high rise…….” Pretty much sums it up?
As I said, the source it cites says something slightly different: "The project’s anticipated opening is in 2024, starting with the expansion of the existing parkade in EPCOR Tower, and the construction of a commercial podium with a mid-rise building housing 285 residential units. The next phase will include a high rise offering an additional 326 units built on the commercial podium. In all, Station Lands will provide over 600 residential units, as well as commercial spaces and family-friendly public spaces."

What I am wondering is if these are two sub-phases of phase 2, or if it indicates that it'll actually be one at a time. And if it is the latter, then I wonder if they changed their mind and decided to do both at once, or if the report authors simply misread the press release.

Back