Stationlands Residential Towers | 90m | 25s | Qualico | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Reference ID: Job No 315143826-002
Description: Construction of (a) new building(s)
Condo Common Area (Plan 1322468)
Applicant: DIALOG, CAROLYN KEELEY
Create Date: 5/29/2019 1:15:59 PM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

CTV News has an article about the project.

image.png

Stationlands is the parcel of land where EPCOR Tower was built in 2007 at the corner of 104 Street and 101 Avenue. The next step is to build 430 residential units on the land just North of EPCOR’s headquarters.

Representatives from both Qualico and the architectural firm planning a new high rise and adjoining midrise tower say it will incorporate green space, art exhibits and water features.

They showed a model to the Edmonton Design Committee on Tuesday night that appeared to show the highest portion of the residential structures at approximately 24 storeys, emphasizing a corridor between the EPCOR Tower and the living units.

It seems like the picture included in the original article was incorrect. Here's some renders from their 6 o'clock news story, sorry for the poor quality. To me it doesn't seem to bad, but the material choices could make or break it I think.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 7.03.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 7.02.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-05 at 7.02.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-06-05 at 7.03.37 PM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 7.02.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 7.02.49 PM.png
    1 MB · Views: 796
I'm interested in what I've seen thus far. Had to watch the CTV clip a couple of times to decide. There is a lot I like about this concept but I couldn't imagine anything constructive happening on this site for 5 or 10 years.

Based on what I'm seeing it's not bad.

Really depends on the material choice. Brick/steel/curtain wall? Then yes not bad at all and a welcome addition. Other positive is that each of these projects concentrating residential growth will in turn fuel retail demand in the neighborhood. Looking forward to see ICE Phase 2 help link this all together

C.3 Station Lands North Tower (Development Permit)
Carolyn Keeley - DIALOG

MOTION: M. Figueira

Motion of Support with Conditions

The Committee requires the Applicant to present an Administrative Walk-on which
includes street-level elevations, sections and renderings which illustrate in appropriate
detail the treatment of the public realm interface along the 101 Street and 105 Avenue
frontage. This submission should demonstrate design excellence as identified in the
Capital City Downtown Plan (Policy 12.1), and in particular, how the building interfaces
with adjacent streets and open spaces and activates the public realm.

SECONDED: A. Zepp

CARRIED
FOR THE MOTION: A.Benoit, D. Brown, S. Kaznacheeva, W. Sims, T. Antoniuk, A.
Zepp, D. Deshpande, M. Figueira

Back