Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
I wonder how they're going to make that work with a shared lobby and set of elevators...
There are several hotels in Las Vegas that occupy tower locations (sometimes the uppermost floors -- Four Seasons; sometimes lower floors). Typically they have a lobby presence on the ground floor and share the elevator access with either another hotel or with condos. It seems to work.

I can see why they didn't sell much, a 490 Square feet bachelor pad was selling for almost $400,000! You can buy a 1,900 square foot, single family home with a attached garage that is for less than $400,000

When I got invited to a pre-showing of the units at Stantec I knew instantly that this was not for me. They casually said to my Girlfriend and I (we are both 20) that this is a perfect weekend condo for a young couple. Which 20 year old casually has $400,000 dollars to spend on a WEEKEND house .

Last edited:
Reminder: Stantec Tower is friggin tall

PC050273.jpg

PERMIT_DATE December 05, 2019
JOB_CATEGORY Commercial Final
ADDRESS 170, 10220 - 103 AVENUE NW
NEIGHBOURHOOD DOWNTOWN
JOB_DESCRIPTION To construct interior alterations to an existing building. To construct a demising wall and mechanical and electrical alterations for a future cafe (tenant improvement by others.) Suite #170
BUILDING_TYPE Office Buildings (520)
WORK_TYPE (03) Interior Alterations
FLOOR_AREA 1,426
CONSTRUCTION_VALUE 110,000

Is it also the world's tallest building this far north? I haven't checked but I'm willing to bet it is.
Interesting !
I believe it is. Quick search and I can't find anything North of Lat 53 in Eurasia. Not sure at what latitude its next closest rival would be, Calgary? ( :
New marketing for the Ice District. Worlds tallest this far North, come see the Northern lights up close.

*edit, shit, cancel that, lol

@.crystalised. Moscow is 2° further north and has 10 buildings taller than Stantec.
Darn. Close, but no cigar. Moscow remains milder however, due to the North Atlantic Current. So I suppose we could (arguably) claim the -30C climate title.

Looks like Moscow is going through a supertall construction boom right now, with some of the tallest buildings in Europe. Cool.

Montreal also appears to be booming once again. Trying not to despair for Edmonton.

Back