Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Or how about that US network during the NHL playoff bubble showed an aerial view of Rexall. Not a fail really on Edmonton's part, but god lord that view sure doesn't do Edmonton any favours for appearances vs when they shower Rogers Place downtown.

Or how about that US network during the NHL playoff bubble showed an aerial view of Rexall. Not a fail really on Edmonton's part, but god lord that view sure doesn't do Edmonton any favours for appearances vs when they shower Rogers Place downtown.

Yeah that was BS, but in fairness they corrected that mistake right after that and started using updated aerial footage.

^
and, also in fairness, does anyone really think that whether the lights are on at night is really going to make a difference for someone tuned in from anywhere in the world to watch a world's junior hockey game?

for all of those complaining, how many of you can close their eyes and visualize the skylines of ostrava, trinec, buffalo, orchard park, helsinki, malmo or ufa (all cities that have hosted the juniors in the last 5 years they have been held outside canada)?

Hardest part for me was the external elevators and stairs. But a project I was proud to be part of.

When the CN tower was built, a neighbor was the building manager and took us kids up to the top. I thought you could see forever. Then AGT tower and we stood on the top floor viewing gallery I thought you could see forever. Then Principal Plaza (CWB) I was on the roof to adjust a fan. I thought you could see forever. Then I worked on Manulife and we stood on the roof one day and again I thought you could see forever. and finally Stantec and I truly felt you could see forever.

pVlVHjBW2G.jpeg

It was incredible when I got up there back in November 2018. It was actually warmer at the top than on the ground due to an inversion layer.

At first it didn't even feel that high up, either, until I looked down onto the rooftops of all of Edmonton's previous tallest buildings.

pVlVHjBW2G.jpeg

It was incredible when I got up there back in November 2018. It was actually warmer at the top than on the ground due to an inversion layer.

At first it didn't even feel that high up, either, until I looked down onto the rooftops of all of Edmonton's previous tallest buildings.
Lol! I took this Sept 2018 on one of the top floors of the JW. I had the same feeling, it didn't feel that high up until I glanced over at Manulife and it was looking tiny.

L28Pbnr.jpeg

The tower itself will always be kind of meh, but I sure love the podium on Stantec. And JW as well. Both so well done.

Back