Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Description: To construct interior alterations within a commercial mixed use building, Stantec Tower. Construct a floor opening in Level 20/21 (c/w temporary infill) to allow for future Tenant stair and Tenant Improvement (by others). Includes mechanical and electrical relocations to allow for future stair.
Permit date: October 9, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Mixed Use (522)
Address: 2000, 10220 - 103 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: AED
Value: $160,000.00

Description: To construct interior alterations within a commercial mixed use building, Stantec Tower. Construct a floor opening in Level 20/21 (c/w temporary infill) to allow for future Tenant stair and Tenant Improvement (by others). Includes mechanical and electrical relocations to allow for future stair.
Permit date: October 9, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (03) Interior Alterations
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Mixed Use (522)
Address: 2000, 10220 - 103 AVENUE NW
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN
Zoning: AED
Value: $160,000.00

Any idea who the tenant is? Wondering who's got the confidence & big bucks to be fitting out two floors in Stantec in this economy.

$160k isn't very much money for two floors. Stantec had leased those two floors previously and may have set them up already. Might just be a turnkey sub-lease with a slight modification.

apologies if this has been asked before, but is there any plan to do something with that long grey strip on the east wall of stantec? for the longest time i thought it was just unfinished construction but... it truly looks like the architects did that intentionally. i’m surprised there isn’t more criticism of it, because it doesn’t go with the rest of the building and sticks out quite horrendously in skyline angles from the east.

If your referring to this,

Yes that is intentional cladding covering the elevator shaft on the east side. I don’t mind it, just like the fake windows on the top of the Encore they could have made it blend better.

yeah fake glass is definitely not the way, but something less offputting would have been nice. like maybe having the elevator shaft elsewhere (i realize that’s easier said than done).

At the very least they could've made the panels blue or some other color that blends in better. I think it looks like they ran out of $ and changed there mind, which is probably not far off from what happened

At the very least they could've made the panels blue or some other color that blends in better. I think it looks like they ran out of $ and changed there mind, which is probably not far off from what happened

Honestly I think that would end up looking even more out of place by trying to blend in (just like those panels on Encore). If you have an element that stands out, just own it and let it be its own thing.

Back