Stantec Tower | 250.84m | 66s | ICE District Prop.

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
In my opinion, the LED light installation (that never was installed) on the verticle fins on both the north and south face of the building is greatly missed. Same for the crown lighting. The advertising on top was always debatable, and personally, I wouldn't want to see it now, (though when it was first proposed I thought that the tackiness/Times Squareish glare might work as a moniker for Ice District entertainment meme). Excitement!
I do really appreciate the night skyline of many cities, especially in the winter, with tasteful lighting schemes - even becomes part of a cities identity. I'd say the same for murals, art, monuments, public attractions, etc, that reach upward into the night sky. Hopefully, some cool lighting features can be added to Stantec at a later date?

I feel like it's a missed opportunity especially having the lights on the fins. I don't mind having a logo on the top of the building. To me, it's just similar to having a Telus logo at the top of the Telus building, ATB Financial, MNP etc on their building, just bigger. It would definitely brighten things up especially during winter. Hopefully they will have the crown to light up similar to JW.

at least the LASACL lighting is working well though.
2021-01-16 111.JPG

(late afternoon solar accumulating cladding lights)

'In terms of the downtown district, 100k sf of additional sublease space became available in Stantec Tower, offering the potential to lease 147k sf of contiguous space on floors 14 to 19 in addition to 24k sf on floor 28. This sublease opportunity is the result of increased efficiencies and implementation of a work-from-home strategy for the largest tenant in the building.'

'In terms of the downtown district, 100k sf of additional sublease space became available in Stantec Tower, offering the potential to lease 147k sf of contiguous space on floors 14 to 19 in addition to 24k sf on floor 28. This sublease opportunity is the result of increased efficiencies and implementation of a work-from-home strategy for the largest tenant in the building.'

I doubt Stantec will be WFH permanently, unless they want to give up the naming rights to the tower...

Last edited:
I wonder how far to the horizon you could zoom out too, Ponoka, Red Deer. What would be the most visible landmark?
Not much farther than Millet due to the Earth's curvature (unless you are a flat-earther then, on a clear day, you should be able to see all the way to Buenos Aires 🤔)

Back