Stadium Yards | ?m | 6s | Rohit Communities

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Looking real good.

After chatting with someone involved with the project, it sounds like interest is very high for this project.

Unsure if Jack's Burger Shack is still considering going in or not.

I read somewhere recently (can't remember where) that Jacks is pulling out and that Rohit is going with one of the runners-up, which will be announced shortly.

We heard the rumor that Avila Arepa was taking the location.

That would be interesting, as I don't remember them being a part of 'The Cut' (unless they were eliminated early or didn't qualify), Rohit's short contest for businesses vying for the spot in Stadium Yards.

I do love Avila though. If I had to pick one of the runner-ups myself, I would go with the Grizzlar, as the area/my neighbourhood lacks a quality coffee roaster. There are a few nice cafes (Italian Centre, Zocalo, Belge on 95 St) but none roast their own beans.

'Jack’s Burger Shack previously won a $125,000-contest put on by the developers to help run the commercial space between the two residential towers, but the company pulled out after COVID-19 pandemic began. A contest runner-up has received the prize and the new operators will be announced within the next few weeks, Pawlina said.'

This is one of those developments where once its complete you look back on Google Streetview of what used to be there and let out a little cry of joy. Props to everyone in involved.

20201030_184705.jpg

This is one of those developments where once its complete you look back on Google Streetview of what used to be there and let out a little cry of joy. Props to everyone in involved.
Very true. It will be nice to see more of these medium/high density type of developments around our LRT stations. It seems to be coming along. It will be interesting to see what happens around the SE LRT stations/stops in a few years.

Back