Stadium Yards | ?m | 6s | Rohit Communities

What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The first phase of Stadium Yards, Edmonton's most anticipated transit-oriented urban mixed-use development has a name - Dauk Commons. In a long-planned surprise, Rohit staff have named the first two buildings in this exciting development after Rohit Group of Companies, Vice President Land and Commercial Russell Dauk.

At a socially distanced outdoor event, Rohit Gupta along with a small group of Rohit Group employees unveiled a new LED sign on the building with the name DAUK COMMONS in peer recognition of Russell's 16 years of service at the company and his uncommon organizational leadership and mentorship.

A shocked Russell said of his coworkers “It’s an honour to be able to work on something like this, and it’s an honour to work with every one of you guys, cause this stuff doesn’t happen automatically, and there is a lot of people who have put in a lot of time in this” “My knees are shaking, This is touching coming from you guys.”

Read more about this announcement and the story behind the name here:
https://lnkd.in/etkZr6z

From yesterday:

IMG_3439.jpg
IMG_3438.jpg

There is so much room for this new "district" to grow. I hope the properties immediately south of the current development get snapped up as interest in the area increases. I think EPCOR Water is looking to consolidate all of its properties in Edmonton to one location, so hopefully the ECPOR building and parking lot get sold sometime soon. Here are some shots starting at the south end of these properties moving north to the current development.
IMG_1372.JPGIMG_1373.JPGIMG_1374.JPGIMG_1375.JPGIMG_1376.JPGIMG_1377.JPGIMG_1378.JPG

Pictures from a couple weeks ago.
View attachment 288571

Is this type of construction radically more expensive than other things going up around town? After looking at the Station Pointe thread what strikes me about this development is its sensible massing, cohesive colour scheme and seemingly quality materials. Why are so many mid-rises so terribly done in Edmonton? Some developers can build really nice buildings and I am curious if it just comes down to $$.

Rohit is a greenfield developer and home builder, so this being their most prominent infill to date so I'm sure there was a serious emphasis on building something quality and prominent versus cheap crap.

Also, speaking of those remaining buildings, lets just all hope the land underneath the Canadian Linen building isn't contaminated.

There is so much room for this new "district" to grow. I hope the properties immediately south of the current development get snapped up as interest in the area increases. I think EPCOR Water is looking to consolidate all of its properties in Edmonton to one location, so hopefully the ECPOR building and parking lot get sold sometime soon. Here are some shots starting at the south end of these properties moving north to the current development.
View attachment 288575View attachment 288576View attachment 288577View attachment 288578View attachment 288579View attachment 288580View attachment 288581

EPCOR Water/Drainage will be consolidating most of their D&T operations to Aurum Road, the old Saipem module site. Currently in RFP for TI, methinks. The move is supposed to start at the end of 2021.

Unsure what will happen to this current McCauley site, but that area could definitely use some love haha.

Back