Stadium LRT Station Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton | GEC

Love them, but during the pre/post-crush are these not going to be serious tripping hazards and kinda in the way?

Under the snow some pieces will be invisible and a trip hazard. But maybe it won't matter as street urchins will kick and destroy these once the weather turns cold and no one is around watching.
Would've been smart to fix them permanently to the concrete (which I hope they are). If they're light enough to move around by hand, then expect them to disappear within a few weeks...

I can confirm the art pieces have concrete tops and seem to be fixed into the ground. Also, the fencing is all down but the west platform is not officially open yet.

C5565433-22B4-4326-A2CB-A43C6A35E61F.jpeg
E0C0150F-6425-4FD2-8D0A-811BED92406A.jpeg
EC189BC8-06F6-4E96-95F3-41BAAC86A56D.jpeg
C3DE445E-D7D0-4B0A-ACEF-A1CAB522642C.jpeg

There's snow business like snow business like snow business I know
Everything about it is concealing, everything that traffic will disallow
Nowhere could you get that crappy feeling when you are concealing that needed plow

There's snow business like snow business like snow business I know
Everything about it is concealing, everything that traffic will disallow
Nowhere could you get that crappy feeling when you are concealing that needed plow
Very clever

What is left before the west platform opens? Is there still inspection/commissioning work left to do? Will it be open in time for the FIS Snowboard Big Air World Cup December 9 to 10 at Commonwealth?

Back