Stadium LRT Station Redevelopment | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton | GEC

I like the pole holding the Stadium Station Sign, has that Central Station pink going on for it.

Retro.

this reminded me to post some of the pictures I take on my morning commute lol. I'm through there every day so I forget to mention any changes. These photos are from about a week ago. All the glass is now in place, but still isn't sealed up or anything, and is covered by hoarding.
Shelters on the centre platform are mostly present, looks to be a lot of finishing with the glazing still. signage, cameras, and soffit are all mostly in place. rough-in for shelter heaters is coming along. platform furniture is slowly coming in, including lights for the open-air portion of the centre platform. The West side of the station seems to be a bit lower priority, but is coming together. the one thing that seems to not be close to done yet is the landscaping/approach from the stadium to the West platform. it's still dirt, not even rough-graded yet. there are some steps and ramps included in the structure itself, but the soil next to it is not remotely where it would need to be for any sort of paving. I'm betting the Centre platform gets completed well before the West one opens, due to the landscaping and finishing phasing.
IMG_2305.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

^^^^ now what are we to make of that comment? a laugh, a code-breaking exercise, or a simply "I don't care".

I will say that @cliffapotamus' pictures (as nice as they are!) don't really do the station justice at night. I passed through yesterday evening and it's beautiful. The glow of the strip lighting reflects off the wood ceilings and envelops the station in this lovely orange hue (as flowery and verbose as that sounds). Just gives Stadium this really welcoming and warm feeling the old concrete one didn't have.

Back