Stables at Mayfair | ?m | 34s | ProCura Real Estate | Manasc Isaac

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
A second after I posted that last one, I am questioning myself. Maybe it would be good to have different style units in the area? There is already a lot of “standard” crus available in Mayfair and more coming to jasper and 108th. Might be nice to have some smaller units for tailors, brow bar, barber, h&r block, etc? Help the walk score

Reference ID: Job No 363276246-002
Description: Demolition
Plan 0821851 Blk 9 Lot 58A
Applicant: PROCURA REAL ESTATE SERVICES LIMITED
Create Date: 5/26/2020 1:44:35 PM
Neighbourhood: DOWNTOWN

This permit appears to have been issued shortly after this. The building is still there, right?

This permit appears to have been issued shortly after this. The building is still there, right?

Yes it's still there. Anyone remember what was the last tenant in this building? It's been empty forever, don't know if I've ever seen anything in this building

Reactions: God
There was a makeup/modelling agency, a small office tenant and was it a locksmith at one point???

Reactions: God
Reference ID:Job No 437472695-002
Description:To install (2) Freestanding Minor Digital Off-Premises Sign(s) (PATTISON OUTDOOR ADVERTISING)
Applicant:PATTISON OUTDOOR ADVERTISING
Create Date:6/17/2022 10:57:35 AM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN

Reference ID:Job No 437472695-002
Description:To install (2) Freestanding Minor Digital Off-Premises Sign(s) (PATTISON OUTDOOR ADVERTISING)
Applicant:PATTISON OUTDOOR ADVERTISING
Create Date:6/17/2022 10:57:35 AM
Neighbourhood:DOWNTOWN
I noticed that the billboard which used to be there, advertising the Stables, is no longer there. I presume these digital signs will be for general advertising? I wonder what their timeline is for the Stables.

Stables.PNG
Stables.jpg

It would be really great to fill this spot on 109 Street, however I realize ProCura has other things on the go and they do not like to rush things.

On a more positive note, when they say they will get to something eventually, they do have a better record at that than some others.

It would be really great to fill this spot on 109 Street, however I realize ProCura has other things on the go and they do not like to rush things.

On a more positive note, when they say they will get to something eventually, they do have a better record at that than some others.
It'll be nice for the area, but I'm still mixed about it mainly being a parkade instead of mixed use residential. But I guess if it helps people feel more confident about developing parking lots since they can park here instead, the CRUs compliment the area, and the building looks like an actual building and not a parkade, then I'll be happy enough with it. It beats what's there now for sure.

I am still of the belief that their grand parkade idea will go away and that we will see an extremely and I mean extremely dense rental project with minimal parking available for the residential and some extra parking made available for the office tower adjacent to it.

As long as they change the name. Stables at Mayfair? Why not the Penny-farthing at Royal Ascot? It's about the same relevancy.
I was also wondering about that odd name. Is there a reason for it, other than someone in marketing having too much coffee?

I suppose the car park which is part of the development is the modern day equivalent of a stables, so maybe that is it, but that seems a stretch.

Something that also irks me is a we are a modern day multicultural society - maybe they could come up with a better name than something that sounds like it comes from medieval England.

Back