Stables at Mayfair | ?m | 34s | ProCura Real Estate | Manasc Isaac

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
^^^^ Your feeling is valid -- nothing in the rendering will be representative of what actually gets built, that is quite certain. I would put it in the category of "head fake" to distract from the fact that ProCura was most interested in building a parking structure and "eye candy" was there to help that effort along

This project is now being called Cascadia (which was the original name from a decade or so ago) and the architect is now Gardner Architecture. Plan now is for two buildings at around 107 residential suites each with one level of underground parking.

cascadia.png

What a trip!

I really liked the original design... WAY back in the early 2010s. Jesus I'm old.
jasper_109_procura.jpg

It would be interesting to know what the geotechnical conditions of this site permits with the LRT running underneath. I seem to recall that the angled Mayfair setback was driven by the LRT running below - with 107 units in each of these buildings it sounds like this iteration will be rather sizeable.

Hopefully those live/work units are more work than live. The ones in my neighbourhood in Toronto were awful and broke up the street. as you walked by you had no interest in entering any of the businesses because you felt like you were intruding or needed an appointment or something. But it was more of a residential neighbourhood off the main streets. Weird choice for 109th.
E32A36C9-EEC5-40E3-A415-707BC592BA5C.png

Back