Stables at Mayfair | ?m | 34s | ProCura Real Estate | Manasc Isaac

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Permit Type Major Development Permit
Permit Class Class B
Permit Date Sep 05, 2019
Status Approved
Description of Development To construct and operate a mixed Use building with General Retail Stores on the main floor with a 5 Storey, Non-accessory Parking (315 vehicular parking stalls) parkade structure (from portions of the main floor to 5th floors above); where the 3rd to 5th floors of the parkade structure contain openings with integrated art façade on the exterior; with Apartment Housing (5th to 7th floors above with 35 Dwelling units) above the parkade structure; and to upgrade the existing east-west lane to the north of the Site. (The Stables at Mayfair)
Address 10022 - 109 STREET NW
Neighbourhood DOWNTOWN
Neighbourhood Classification Central Core

These were posted on C2E.

"Much better" is an oxymoron in this case.

Also, why was there a pedway to the office building north of this before? Do they lack parking? Also, the north and south walls look bad, especially the south. I'm guessing the glass on the north is to aid in security for the stairwell of the parkade? Maybe in the future when self driving cars proliferate and car ownership takes a nose dive, you can bring a real horse and park it here.

EFVArPJUwAAqFxJ.jpg
EFVArPQVAAAu3pK.jpg

Last edited:
Aesthetically an improvement, but it's still a giant parkade in a place where the land should be so much more valuable than for that use, in a city where we desperately need to get away from our addiction to private vehicles, and when we're running out of time to address our carbon emissions to put a curb on catastrophic climate change.

Last edited:
I still question the colour scheme of the metal used to cover the parkade portion of the building, especially on the west side of the building. But it's a marked improvement over that horrific second rendering we saw with the McDonalds coloured townhouses. Love the choice of glass, though I agree with the sentiment of many in here, that an above ground parkade is not ideal and a missed opportunity. But if you're going to do it, might as well do it like this.

The amount of the glass on the townhomes though doesn't seem realistic to me, will that fly with the new building code?

I still question the colour scheme of the metal used to cover the parkade portion of the building, especially on the west side of the building. But it's a marked improvement over that horrific second rendering we saw with the McDonalds coloured townhouses. Love the choice of glass, though I agree with the sentiment of many in here, that an above ground parkade is not ideal and a missed opportunity. But if you're going to do it, might as well do it like this.

The amount of the glass on the townhomes though doesn't seem realistic to me, will that fly with the new building code?
All the car exhaust will provide many heat. ;)

This goes with the pics from Procura:
"The Stables Announcement: On behalf of ProCura we are pleased to announce our receipt of a long awaited Development Permit for The Stables. This project will be adjacent to WSP (west side of 109 street) on the current gravel parking lot. This above grade open air parkade (potentially precast), with a articulated facade will promote additional parking and high end retail in the downtown core beside Mayfair, WSP and Intact. A multi faceted design (incorporating retail potential for some roof top res), will be priced and monitored closely through design development. Although this project is not on the immediate horizon, it is a great addition to our future planning of sites in Edmonton and ProCura’s forward pipeline."

Back