Southpark on Whyte | 50.9m | 16s | ONE Properties | GBL Architects

What do you think of the design of Southpark?

• I like it a lot

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • I like it

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • I dislike it

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters
Even their residential units are crazy prices for the square footage to just hear loud cars all night. I was talking to a guy at the pool the other day, said his daughter leases a unit and I forget the exact amount but her rent upon renewal got something like a 25% increase.

Even their residential units are crazy prices for the square footage to just hear loud cars all night. I was talking to a guy at the pool the other day, said his daughter leases a unit and I forget the exact amount but her rent upon renewal got something like a 25% increase.
Rents for newer/quality product will be going up.

Location, location, location. If you are going to University, the bus stop is right across the street and there is a range of coffee shops, nice restaurants, bars, clubs and stores all within easy walking distance.

I suspect as a new build the noise is not that bad inside and you don't hear much. However, if you are the type easily bothered by noise and want to sleep early, this may not be the location for you.

Vibrancy doesn't mean tolerating behaviours that damage health. The vehicle noise situation is a result of the combined failings of multiple layers of government and the police. This should be a great location to live, but we don't allow it to be.
There's a line between unhealthy and expected for where you are.
If you want to live in a quiet place, without any of the typical urban buzz, then you should NOT be living in a denser, urban area, let alone a high street.

It does go both ways too. Yes, being close to a busy street, there will be some amount of normal noise that is more noticeable than other areas.

However, there are also people who don't have regard for others and make more noise than they should (ex. loud mufflers). There are bylaws on this, people should follow them and they should be enforced.

Living in an urban setting, even a very urban setting such as this SHOULD NOT mean that you have to accept excessive noise or disruption to your everyday.

I am so sick and tired of folks saying that if you live Downtown you should know that it comes with loud, dirty, crime, etc.

BS

It does go both ways too. Yes, being close to a busy street, there will be some amount of normal noise that is more noticeable than other areas.

However, there are also people who don't have regard for others and make more noise than they should (ex. loud mufflers). There are bylaws on this, people should follow them and they should be enforced.
You nailed it.

I live right along the dragstrip south of Jasper Ave on 109, and I love the city noise and liveliness. Especially on a Friday/Saturday night. But the constant loud pipe Harleys roaring at near redline, straight piped two step VWs going VROOOM POP POP POP and beater 90s trucks on glasspacks wide open do get a bit excessive. Especially when they're just doing loops over and over.

And this is coming from a guy that has a loud vehicle (1998 Ram diesel, it's just noisy from factory) but I couldn't imagine anything I'd like to do less with it than go bother people going up and down a mainstreet on my weekend night...

Back