Prairie Sky Gondola | 76.2m | ?s | Prairie Sky | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
Me too, I hope the pedestrian bridge outlined in the Public Places plan happens. Prairie Sky referred to the bridge connection as well in a recent Instagram post,
"This station provides immediate connectivity to Central Station, a primary bus stop, the bike lanes, and the ped-way. It also includes a public viewing plaza and contemplates a future connection to the proposed McDonald Drive pedestrian bridge linking our station with the funicular." Not sure if this is separate from the city plan or will be combined efforts?

Prairie Sky
Retweet if you’ve ridden a ropeway
Like if you think Edmonton would benefit from an urban gondola
Comment below and share why you think our project matters to Alberta

🚠

The Streetcar needs to be a year-round venture with two modern/heated versions, a new siding on the north side, a heritage car included May-Oct and run more frequently.
Agreed. Going that route in a middle of winter would be such a beautiful ride, especially over the river. It also contributes to the Winter City idea, and keeps people/tourists coming and going from Whyte (business-friendly idea).

Put the old school train car away, get something modern on the line for six months of the year.

My only critique is that the north terminal needs something far better for an on/off point.

;ALKSDFJ;ALSKDJF THIS LOOKS AMAZING
It's not too much, clean forms, classic proportions, and THAT CURVED END GOD BLESS. I love this. it's a clean, concise architectural statement, not over the top, just beautiful to look at.
I know it's just a sketch right now, but i love this so much. Really really really excited for the Gondola project to get rolling. I think it's the type of crazy we need in Edmonton; less "we need this because some other city has one and it's big on instagram" and more "no other city has this but we can make it work because we're awesome". love love love all this.

Back