Prairie Sky Gondola | 76.2m | ?s | Prairie Sky | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
If Prairie Sky wants to revise their plans, relocate that stop from the Rossdale Power Plant to RE/MAX Field. The gondola stop can be SW or NW of the baseball diamond. From that stop, the gondola can sail above the power plant and across the river. The power plant is just a 1 or 2 minute walk from RE/MAX Field. The effects on the Rossdale Transportation project would be minimal at best. And it should be reasonably far enough from the indigenous sacred lands and burial site.

SW of RE/MAX Field. If they can persuade EPCOR to move their Substation 060 building then all the better.

20220829_193121.jpg

20220829_193140.jpg

20220829_193231.jpg

20220829_193256.jpg

Hmm, this is good and bad news. I'm super happy to hear this plan is sticking around, but I don't know if waiting for a change in government is the right play. Sure, Janz might not stick around but the vote was 12-1 and the argument that defeated the project in the end (burial site) was pushed by Paquette, who I don't see losing reelection.

I wonder what's stopping PSG from simply moving the Rossdale station over a bit.

Interestingly enough, I just ran into the main artist/architect/sketcher of the 'pencil' drawings for this here the other day. She is a talented local architect and we serendipitously connected about this.

I really wish this was an ETS project. This is the transit connection that Strathcona needs to the LRT system. Maybe not as good as an LRT down Whyte, but getting people quickly across the river isn't just a tourist attraction.

I'm frustrated with the lack of support by city council. Integrate it into the ARC system as a condition of building. If the project goes bankrupt, it's not a white elephant, it's valuable ETS infrastructure. Win/win.

I really wish this was an ETS project. This is the transit connection that Strathcona needs to the LRT system. Maybe not as good as an LRT down Whyte, but getting people quickly across the river isn't just a tourist attraction.

I'm frustrated with the lack of support by city council. Integrate it into the ARC system as a condition of building. If the project goes bankrupt, it's not a white elephant, it's valuable ETS infrastructure. Win/win.
Now that the private venture has been denied and the group fallen apart, what would it take to get ETS to pick it up? What is their process for deciding on new and future projects?

I don't really think it would be ethical or even legal for ETS to basically steal the idea. Obviously the city could get them to integrate this into the transit system and collect the ARC fares. I would be in favour of this.

Hopefully they succeed in building it, because I'll use it if it's priced like the rest of the transit system.

Would a different station alignment make this project feasible? This and High level line would both serve our central city very well in different and complimentary ways. Hope it happens one day. Rossdale needs help.

Hopefully. What bothered me most was how they brought a problem without offering any reasonable solutions. When I see the low $100-200 million price tag for important infrastructure, I get angry. I get even more angry at the fact that it was planned to be privately funded.

Strathcona and Rossdale need this connection.

Back