Prairie Sky Gondola | 76.2m | ?s | Prairie Sky | DIALOG

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
We too are 100% committed to having a thorough environmental assessment as well as meaningful and robust engagement with Indigenous People. These have to wait until we get the go-ahead from the City in August.

One of our Board members is Cam Cardinal, and he will keep us to the task. We have also committed to hire an Indigenous consultant to lead the formal Indigenous engagement.

We will have a number of announcements about this in June, so keep your eyes open.

Once you are given the go-ahead by the City in August, @PrairieSkyGondola , do you have a guesstimate on when construction will begin?

Also, the lower level entrance to the Telus building has been closed for the past couple of years, likely due to the riff-raff lounging around. Are you in discussions with Telus about reopening this entrance once the gondola is built?

3 of these over the river banks is much less expensive and more attractive than a gondola. How about a network of these bridges.
Spectacular world's longest suspended footbridge opens in Czech Republic
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/worlds-longest-suspension-footbridge-czech-republic/index.html
I don't quite see how this is more attractive than a gondola, especially in our brutal winters and usually windy conditions.

These would be fun and interesting as part of the River Valley trail network, but hardly as part of a mass walkability strategy.

Once you are given the go-ahead by the City in August, @PrairieSkyGondola , do you have a guesstimate on when construction will begin?

Also, the lower level entrance to the Telus building has been closed for the past couple of years, likely due to the riff-raff lounging around. Are you in discussions with Telus about reopening this entrance once the gondola is built?
After August we have another stage before we go again in front of City Council to get the go ahead for construction.

During the pre-construction stage we have to do the environmental, geotechnical and archeological assessments and rezoning application. We also have to create schematic designs and do all the public and Indigenous engagement.

Our hope is that it's done by the end of 2023, so that we have enough time to build the gondola by FIFA 2026. But as you may know, the regulatory process has to be followed and noone really can predict how long it will take.

Yes we have been in touch with the property owners of ATB Place / Telus Tower and our intent is that the Downtown station links into the food court and LRT system. They are very supportive.

After August we have another stage before we go again in front of City Council to get the go ahead for construction.

During the pre-construction stage we have to do the environmental, geotechnical and archeological assessments and rezoning application. We also have to create schematic designs and do all the public and Indigenous engagement.

Our hope is that it's done by the end of 2023, so that we have enough time to build the gondola by FIFA 2026. But as you may know, the regulatory process has to be followed and noone really can predict how long it will take.

Yes we have been in touch with the property owners of ATB Place / Telus Tower and our intent is that the Downtown station links into the food court and LRT system. They are very supportive.

Many thanks for the information, @PrairieSkyGondola . Personally I hope this is operational before the World Cup (if it happens).

So feel free to come and say hi on Sat, May 21 from 9am - 5pm. We will also have engineers from DIALOG present to answer technical questions!

Hey @PrairieSkyGondola did you have a booth set up on Saturday? I brought a buddy with me to check it out and we couldn't find anything. It was the new ERRS platform right?

Hey @PrairieSkyGondola did you have a booth set up on Saturday? I brought a buddy with me to check it out and we couldn't find anything. It was the new ERRS platform right?
They were there, I checked them out! I'm not sure what time they set up or took their things down at, but they were there at least from 10-3 or so.

Last edited:
They were there, I checked them out! I'm not sure what time they set up or took their things down at, but they were there at least from 10-4 or so.
We were there shortly after 9 as advertised but nothing was there or any signs of anything except the streetcars and then rode by later in afternoon too - nothing. But good thst they were in fact there for most of the day.

Yes we did, we were on the platform from 10am -3:30pm! That's really too bad we missed you. We will let you know next time we are doing another pop up.
719DFCC5-E6E9-4130-884A-2EBF89362C56.jpeg

Last edited:
We were there shortly after 9 as advertised but nothing was there or any signs of anything except the streetcars and then rode by later in afternoon too - nothing. But good thst they were in fact there for most of the day.
We are sorry that we missed you. One of our team members who was the main organizer got stuck abroad due to technical issues with the plane they were on, and that meant we had to reorganize the whole team last minute, which delayed our original plan. Luckily our brand new tent arrived on time and was picked up just the night before (phew) and we found others to bring everything last minute. But we made it, and that was a relief. We didn't want to cancel. We are so sorry for making it more complicated for everyone. Thanks for showing up!

Back