The Jameson | 53.95m | 17s | Open Sky | Acton Ostry

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yup! But we’re still gonna have that pesky empty lot right next door….north of this……

Speaking of empty lots….that massive one south of the “Peace Garden” is still sitting there for the taking?

Yup! But we’re still gonna have that pesky empty lot right next door….north of this……

Speaking of empty lots….that massive one south of the “Peace Garden” is still sitting there for the taking?
I think it had something proposed to it, but I'm.not sure exactly where I saw it. I'll take a look.

With this building going up, we might end up with five buildings under construction within a 4 block span: Jasper 123, Glenora Park, CNIB, MEC parking lot and this one. And it's not even a boom time. I'm happy to see this area densification, especially with all of these projects with CRUs in their podiums, adding businesses and storefronts out of the main commercial corridors.

With this building going up, we might end up with five buildings under construction within a 4 block span: Jasper 123, Glenora Park, CNIB, MEC parking lot and this one. And it's not even a boom time. I'm happy to see this area densification, especially with all of these projects with CRUs in their podiums, adding businesses and storefronts out of the main commercial corridors.
Correction: 6 buildings. I forgot the Hat @122

How much of this do we think could be related to the bike lanes, Paul kane park, brewery district, and Oliver exchange/some 124st projects? Seems like a snowball effect of good city projects mixed with good private projects.

Which is why I wish the warehouse park would speed up. It will be the catalyst we need in that area.

I think you're pretty dead on @thommyjo. Oliver has felt really alive this summer. Even late at night past 11 pm, I always still see lots of regular folks out walking, biking, hanging out, etc. For a city that really quiets down after 10 pm in every neighbourhood that isn't Whyte Ave, that's really cool to see.

As well, I firmly believe the Oliverbahn is one of the best pieces of civic infrastructure built in the last decade in Edmonton, aside from the new Walterdale. But I'm likely biased as I use it regularly to go from Westmount to to 109th. It's darn near faster than driving.

I hope EPS and other agencies/service providers work on some of the safety issues in Oliver, especially in the evening for its female residents. It seems as though perceived safety for women walking alone has really declined and given that they are the largest demographic in the area this is a very real issue.

Oliver CL Safewalk?

Back