What do you think of this project?

• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Maybe they can replace "OEX2" with whatever new name the neighborhood will have soon, and make it like "_______ Exchange"
It's a placeholder. We're not sure how we'll rename this building given the changes coming to the neighbourhood name. TBD. Anyways we have a number of groups interested in this space. It's going to be a great addition to the West End Telephone Exchange building.

Reference ID:Job No 397187707-002
Description:To construct a new mixed use commercial building building including General Retail, Specialty Food Services, and Restaurant on the main floor, Private Club on the 2nd floor, and convert an existing building on site to a Restaurant with rooftop patio (OEX 2).
Plan 4423AJ Blk 20 Lots 18-19
Applicant:BELJAN DEVELOPMENT MANAGEMENT
Create Date:5/25/2021 3:40:13 PM
Neighbourhood:OLIVER

Oliver Exchange (The Sequel) will look snazzy:

bobo1.png

Does Beljan actually own that Box Haus building?

I was under the impression that they did that work on behalf of the owner (who I believe is/was the dentist on the top floor).

Does Beljan actually own that Box Haus building?

I was under the impression that they did that work on behalf of the owner (who I believe is/was the dentist on the top floor).
Yes, we are tied to that building as part owners. It's a wonderful modernist building designed by the infamous Hemingway Laubenthal Architects!

Ha...and it is pure coincidence that the Oliver Exchange Part Deux looks similar to this building!!! But I will bring it up with Ian with Hodgson, Schilf, Evans, what a great reference.

From the June 1, 2021 EDC Meeting Minutes:

Substation #200 (Development Permit) Beljan Development

The Committee supports this development application and its relationship (physical and aesthetic) with the surrounding built form and neighbourhood context. The Applicant is encouraged to further develop the transitions between public, semi-private, and private areas through articulation of design elements which may include ground plane, lighting, planting, and other enhancements to the urban realm.

Back