• I neither like nor dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it

• I dislike it a lot

• Total voters
Reference ID: Job No 243982742-053
Description: To construct exterior alterations (new deck) to an existing mixed Commercial Use building (Oliver Exchange).
Plan 4423AJ Blk 20 Lots 16-17
Applicant: HODGSON SCHILF EVANS ARCHITECTS INC.
Create Date: 5/23/2019 3:01:42 PM
Neighbourhood: OLIVER

OMG -- with what exists/is-getting-built in the general area this project has the potential to be the core of a second "downtown". This is an "ideal" location and it is such good news that Beljan has their hands on it. This could be the star development that Oliver needs.

wow exciting!

On another note, Beljan is quite possible one of the most complete developers in the City. I used to deliver to Oliver Exchange in a 5-tonne (baking supplies). Wide loading area, textured ramp, wide doors, smooth flooring. I know I know, it's just a ramp and door and a floor, but it's a delivery persons dream lol. Urban format loading area done right! I am not quite sure why other developers do not put as much thought into these details, but Beljan clearly seems to care about the businesses in their buildings AND the businesses supporting them.

^Because without the businesses (our tenants) the building would be just that, a building. It's the tenants that give it life, its true identity. So that's why we try to envision who will occupy the space and make reasonable efforts to incorporate design details that will assist them. Sometimes it's deliberate and sometimes it's by fluke.

Back