News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Can't place all the blame on Campbell guys. Our game is an absolute mess in our own zone. We need to acquire at the very least, 1 legitimate top 4 D-man who can play in a top 2 role if need be. This team is absolutely hurting without the leadership and guidance of Keith and we never effectively replaced him. If we were wise, we'd be trading our 1st rounder (+ conditions) as it has some value this year in a draft with some interesting prospects.

If I could have my way, we would be getting a LHS with the capacity to make breakout passes who leans more to steadying the defence and has a history playing with scrambling goalies. The team seems to start panicking whenever Campbell gets scrambling but that's just his game, the team needs to learn not to fall apart in front of him and maintain structure/not get lost watching the puck or freezing up.

Sending Campbell to the AHL is in my opinion, a very dumb move, Edmonton fans are undervaluing him and he would get picked up, not to mention we still need someone in the backup role, and Skinner still isn't fully tested in a season long marathon. They just gotta work it out together as a team and management needs to get some one or two more steadying pieces back there - like imminently.

A mess in our own zone for sure, but top tier goalies can make up for some of that and he has not been a beacon of confidence as of yet. That said, we have a history of hanging goalies out to dry and this trend continues.

A top 4 or 2 actual D-D-man is glaring.

A mess in our own zone for sure, but top tier goalies can make up for some of that and he has not been a beacon of confidence as of yet. That said, we have a history of hanging goalies out to dry and this trend continues.

A top 4 or 2 actual D-D-man is glaring.
Yeah, I think the team just generally needs to stop scrambling in their own zone. Skinner is a calm, steadying, and well-balanced 'tender which seems to steady the D and keep them in formation. Campbell gets scrambly, that's his style, they can't fall out of position when he does so and they never used to when Smith would get going - well, most of the time anyways.

Appropriate depth on D will solve almost all our issues in our own end. It's '06 all over again minus the 3 headed goalie monster. We need a Tarnstrom and a Spacek.

I really, really miss Klefbom.

Did he ever play...
---

Shots are 19-5 Washington 12mins in.

NINETEEN TO FIVE

Skinner has been incredible thus far.

Nurse with a stupid penalty

Oilers need to shoot when in slot.

Did he ever play...
---

Shots are 19-5 Washington 12mins in.

NINETEEN TO FIVE

Skinner has been incredible thus far.

Nurse with a stupid penalty

Oilers need to shoot when in slot.

Yikes. They seem to be getting into it now though.

A talented 22nd ranked team with 47 shots and now with the lead.

#2 looking into the stands for some popcorn.

A talented 22nd ranked team with 47 shots and now with the lead.

#2 looking into the stands for some popcorn.

Hopefully that is the wakeup call Holland needs to make some roster changes right now. 20 games is what it take to know what you have in a team and where your deficiencies are. We need to shore up our depth on D - 2 d-men for sure including a legitimate top 4 LHD. Puljujarvi should be on block, and so should our first rounder. Not sure what's taking the team so long to make even a single move, it's the same pattern in our zone night in night out regardless of win or loss.

While we had a few missed chances, this would have been 6-2 if Skinner was not on it.

Listening to the post-game with Woodcroft sounded like a lot excuses, deflection and protectionism.

'we lost a 3-2 hockey game'

And I am a millionaire on paper.

But I'm not and they didn't; they had a 'hot goalie' (on their side for once) or it would have been a 6-2 game by my count, maybe 6-3 if I am kind.

You can tell that 29 and 97 are tired and becoming frustrated with depth or options.

Back