News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.5K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Oilers

Another high scoring affair as the Oilers take this one 7-4. I thought this was one of our more complete games, we battled hard all 60 minutes and played our best hockey in the 1st. We went 2/6 on the PP (although the 6th PP was awarded in the dying seconds), however what was considered a weak Nashville Predators PP goes 2/2 as our PK continues to struggle. The game became very physical after the Oilers took a 5-1 lead however we were able to hang with a hard hitting team like Nashville once again showing we are able to adapt to any play style that gets us the win. We improve to 5-0 when scoring first with our 5th straight win and are now 7-3 on the season.

As for individual performances there were a lot of good ones but I'm just going to go with the most prominent. Leon Draisaitl I have no idea what the Nashville Predators did to this man but he torches them again with 5 points, he now has 25 points in his last 9 games against Nashville. McDavid adds 2 goals and 2 assists to stretch his lead in goals and points, Evander Kane gets his 5th career hatty. On the down side is Jack Campbell again, in fairness to him almost no goalie would save 2 of the 4 goals but he is just shaky. Awful rebound control, on the first Nashville goal he just let the puck dribble right in front of him off his pad, it is the job of the defence to be in position but its also the job of the goalie to be aware of where to direct the puck. He was also too deep in his net on the 4th Nashville goal as the same high slot deflection beat him easily twice. We're still waiting for him to settle in but at the moment Skinner is the much better goaltender, I think with Skinner in net Nashville only scores 2 tonight.

Oilers go up against another red hot team the New Jersey Devils Thursday night at home.

plays of the game:

Looked to me on the first Nashville goal Campbell was trying to flip the puck up to the d-man who was a bit farther up, but instead of being a solid pass, it dribbled off his stick and onto the attackers.

Been there many times myself 🥅

Who would have predicted that the Oilers are the only Canadian team in the top half of the league a month in.

A nice inaugural Oilers Hall of Fame pre-game ceremony.

Lee seems like such a nice man.

Ryan was classically Ryan and we love him for that... (maybe a bit too much praise of the big guy).

So far, so good for the Oil though and Skinny is looking STRONG.

A tough loss, but a fun game to watch.

The Devil's have a lot of speed/skill and control, but we should have put them away in the late second/early third.

Thats a loss that stings. Oilers fall 4-3 to the NJ Devils, two red hot teams coming in and the Devils are the ones to stay hot. Stuart Skinner played great again, had to face 44 shots a lot of them high quality, the Devils goaltending was just a tad stronger. Both teams played really well, had dominant shifts and stretches each, the reason it stings is because we had a 3-1 lead going into the 3rd and failed to even get a point. That can't happen, we had a 3-2 lead with 3 minutes left and the Devils score 2 in 7 SECONDS, a franchise record for them to take it from under us. Cody Ceci missing a wide open net is going to give him nightmares tonight. McDavid adds a goal and has 2 points to extend his league lead in both of those categories. PP goes 1/2, PK is 100% on the night for only the 2nd time this season. I will for sure agree with Ian above that the game was very fun to watch, both teams have a ton of speed and talent. I was flipping between this and the Flames game during intermissions and ours was wayyyy more entertaining (Flames lost btw :D).

Next matchup is unfortunately a 2 pm game against the Stars on Saturday, given our track record in those games don't expect a win 🤣

Two shots of the new HOF (I prefer Ring of Honour) in Rogers.
D378A9CB-31B9-4F51-B498-F144CC9EA3CE.jpeg
D1CC2D73-6620-4FA5-AA37-9BC8A3E29584.jpeg

A classic matinee for the Oilers; they must have been out 'team building' last night.

Sloppy early on, many missed opportunities and Campbell a bit soft... not to mention that Dallas is a pretty strong team.

Hyman gets my vote for player of the game: a few chances and standing up for his teammate.

I was at work so I didn't watch, thankfully. 6-2 L, according to all the stats and people who watched the game we were outplayed practically the entire night, and Jack Campbell has not looked any better with more starts. Oilers can't win 6 in a row nor can they win a matinee game, 2 straight losses now and we should be playing real hard not to make it 3 against the Washington Capitals on Monday.

A classic matinee for the Oilers; they must have been out 'team building' last night.

Sloppy early on, many missed opportunities and Campbell a bit soft... not to mention that Dallas is a pretty strong team.

Hyman gets my vote for player of the game: a few chances and standing up for his teammate.
It occurred to me the other day who Hyman reminds me of Glen Anderson.

^great comparison! Sometimes a bit under the radar, but almost always there when you need him and a multi-role player.

Back