News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.7K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Edmonton Nightlife (past and present)

No one mentioned Iron Horse lol. I worked at Julio’s and it was the same owner as iron horse and billiards, so we were allowed to run a tab up to 50 bucks and get 50 percent off at iron horse and billiards club. West ed also had Escape and Fever for a bit. Escape had foam parties. Mondays we used to go to Druid for wing night and trivia, and then over to Buddies for amateur strip night lol.
I don’t think these were mentioned so far:
The attic
funky Buddha
Wooly bully’s
Lucky 13 (bar none bar code?)
New city on jasper
The armoury
Y afterhours
Black dog
Filthys
Sherlock’s
Cowboys and whatever was beside cowboys
Devlins

If you want good dancing, good vibes and very interesting people watching go to Evolution. I swear it’s like 50% straight people there now…especially on game nights. On the rocks Thursday for Latin night. Azucar Saturdays. Also, I always had fun at my neighbourhood pub Rosario’s

No one mentioned Iron Horse lol. I worked at Julio’s and it was the same owner as iron horse and billiards, so we were allowed to run a tab up to 50 bucks and get 50 percent off at iron horse and billiards club. West ed also had Escape and Fever for a bit. Escape had foam parties. Mondays we used to go to Druid for wing night and trivia, and then over to Buddies for amateur strip night lol.
I don’t think these were mentioned so far:
The attic
funky Buddha
Wooly bully’s
Lucky 13 (bar none bar code?)
New city on jasper
The armoury
Y afterhours
Black dog
Filthys
Sherlock’s
Cowboys and whatever was beside cowboys
Devlins

If you want good dancing, good vibes and very interesting people watching go to Evolution. I swear it’s like 50% straight people there now…especially on game nights. On the rocks Thursday for Latin night. Azucar Saturdays. Also, I always had fun at my neighbourhood pub Rosario’s
Same! I worked at the one in West Ed for a few short months in 2003. I took full advantage of that discount many times—including for a couple of months after I quit when it still somehow worked. lol.

I spent at least some time at pretty much every place on your list. A lot of Sundays at Funky Buddha for karaoke and I still stop in at Rosario's a few times a year.

Same! I worked at the one in West Ed for a few short months in 2003. I took full advantage of that discount many times—including for a couple of months after I quit when it still somehow worked. lol.

I spent at least some time at pretty much every place on your list. A lot of Sundays at Funky Buddha for karaoke and I still stop in at Rosario's a few times a year.
I worked at all three Julio’s. Started at the mall then moved to west end and whyte. But I must have been there just after you. I think I started first or second year of uni, so either 04 or 05. I also worked briefly at kings knight pub that someone here had mentioned. Getting sexually harassed by old ladies grabbing me while I was carrying beer cases above my head through a crowded bar on ladies night lol

@IanO Which one was fluid? 109 and jasper?

I worked at all three Julio’s. Started at the mall then moved to west end and whyte. But I must have been there just after you. I think I started first or second year of uni, so either 04 or 05. I also worked briefly at kings knight pub that someone here had mentioned. Getting sexually harassed by old ladies grabbing me while I was carrying beer cases above my head through a crowded bar on ladies night lol

@IanO Which one was fluid? 109 and jasper?
I spent an obscene amount of time at Kings Knight from about 2003 until they closed and became a temporary latin club while they rebranded to JET.

Jasper Ave west of 116 St, behind Betty's Corner. Dunno if it's still open or not.

20240330_151348.jpg

Back