News   Apr 03, 2020
 7.3K     3 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 7.6K     0 
News   Apr 02, 2020
 2.6K     0 

Miscellaneous

Disappointed to see the former Tony Roma's location on 51 ave and Calgary Trail was demolished only to be turned into more surface parking for the toyota dealership directly north of it.

I wonder what will happen to the former Chili's at 34th Ave and Calgary Trail, given it was already demolished as well.

Disappointed to see the former Tony Roma's location on 51 ave and Calgary Trail was demolished only to be turned into more surface parking for the toyota dealership directly north of it.

I wonder what will happen to the former Chili's at 34th Ave and Calgary Trail, given it was already demolished as well.
Nothing says fantastic street side development like parking lots!

There can never be enough space for inert metal box storage.

Scenario: You're a land developer with deep pockets and just purchased this land. Considering you may have to rezone this plot, what you would propose for this site?

FYI this scenario is for anyone who wants to play, not just for Dave

Scenario: You're a land developer with deep pockets and just purchased this land. Considering you may have to rezone this plot, what you would propose for this site?

That's a tough one, given how hostile the area is to people not in cars, but sounds like a fun exercise. Let me work on it a bit and come back.

Some movement on this property (105 Street as you're coming uphill):

View attachment 264126
View attachment 264127

Looks like they're going to be rezoning from an existing DC2 to HDR, which will allow a building up to 50m (the DC2 allowed up to 77.5m or 26 stories).

I'm not too choked up about the change, the DC2 was designed as an early 2000s BZKa special from the look of it, complete with requisite blank stucco wall.
View attachment 264130View attachment 264129

Rezoning to HDR scheduled for Public Hearing on November 17:
(Items 3.11 & 3.12)

Here's a picture of the work on the Terrace Building. I didn't see any actually cladding installed yet. Sadly the only redeeming quality of this bunker, the great mid-century tile work above the entranceway, looks to also be getting recladded:
View attachment 271463

Terrace Building Envelope Upgrade and Window Replacement
The project will remove and replace the failing components of this building's envelope, including the existing windows with new exterior insulation and vapour barrier and exterior composite metal panels and new aluminum curtainwall framed punched replacement windows and localized curtainwall installations.

Construction began in Fall 2020.
Municipality: Edmonton
Sector: Commercial
Type: Office Renovation
Schedule: 2020 - 2021
Estimated Cost: $7.3M
Stage: Under Construction
Developer: Alberta Infrastructure

Pretty major project going up just off Calgary Trail near Gateway Park:

Description: To construct a new commercial building with underground parkade - Heritage Valley Centre. This permit application is for base building purposes only, all tenant work on both levels including demising walls will require separate permitting.
Permit date: November 4, 2020
Type: Building Permit
Subtype: (01) New
Category: Commercial Final
Class: Clinics, Health Units (642)
Address: 2503 - 103A STREET SW
Neighbourhood: CASHMAN
Zoning: IB
Value: $6,443,439.00

1604682394107.png

Back