Reference ID: Job No 375915818-002
Description: (No description)
Plan 5518NY Blk 7 Lot 2
Applicant: ARC STUDIO
Create Date: 10/19/2020 1:59:36 PM
Neighbourhood: BLATCHFORD AREA

This is the old Westwood Garage.

View attachment 278208

Arc Studio is an architecture, urban design and planning company currently located in Glenora in a renovated older low-density commercial building. Maybe they're building a new office location with their own signature architecture style?

Arc Studio is an architecture, urban design and planning company currently located in Glenora in a renovated older low-density commercial building. Maybe they're building a new office location with their own signature architecture style?

Looks like they will be demolishing Westwood Garage. NAIT owns it and will likely want to build something new on the site.

I know what Arc Studio is; their name being on the permit doesn't mean it's their project, but that they were hired to handle the permitting.

If it's a straight up demo, I'm surprised they would go with Arc rather than a smaller permitting company.

Seeing a ton of RF3 (Small Scale Infill Development Zone) rezonings applied for and getting approved lately. I think the City has really found the sweet spot with that particular zone, after so many rounds of incremental updates.

20201024_135633.jpg

I couldn't remember the name of the development that was supposed to go here. This is on 109 street and 83 avenue. Has anyone heard if this project is still happening? It's been awhile since the church that was there was torn down.

This is this project here, last action on this was in late 2019, when a development permit was issued. Given further design work and drawings required to go between a DP and Building Permit, and covid etc, I bet this thing is still moving, albeit slower. If you're wondering about a site, the Skyrise Map has pretty much every project on it, you can just click on the tag and it brings up the project and the forum discussion.

@cliffapotamus A DP application is usually very detailed including design and drawings, and not much usually changes after that (and if it does it needs a revised DP submission).

The developer is pretty new to multi-family IIRC, and undoubtedly is going to have challenges financing a project like this, especially now. Notably they also own the Arlington site.

@cliffapotamus A DP application is usually very detailed including design and drawings, and not much usually changes after that (and if it does it needs a revised DP submission).

The developer is pretty new to multi-family IIRC, and undoubtedly is going to have challenges financing a project like this, especially now. Notably they also own the Arlington site.
Sorry but my heart just sank if that is the case.

Back