Metro Line LRT | ?m | ?s | City of Edmonton

@darwink Why build a transit-oriented neighbourhood if you have to wait for the transit part?
Where is being developed right now, sure I guess the new LRT station will be 180m or so closer. What a hardship. A lot of this neighbourhood will be much further than the future walk. Blue existing 600m, red new.

Where they are building right now, the darker yellow.

Attachments

• 1557352478443.png
    1557352478443.png
    996.4 KB · Views: 479
Why build an expansion before there are neighbours to use it?

I think the biggest reason they’re building this now is to replace the temporary 3 car station at NAIT. Without the 3 car station, ETS will have better operational flexibility. And if you’re going to build one new station, might as well build the second with some cost-savings involved. It will be a big attraction to new residents of Blatchford as well.

I think the biggest reason they’re building this now is to replace the temporary 3 car station at NAIT. Without the 3 car station, ETS will have better operational flexibility. And if you’re going to build one new station, might as well build the second with some cost-savings involved. It will be a big attraction to new residents of Blatchford as well.
Oh I agree. I just don't think there is significant reasons to finish the new stations much earlier than planned .

Looks pretty good. I must say I hope phase 1 is built quick with no screw-ups, as I'm really looking forward to the Walker bridge proceeding in the phase 2 extension.

20191029_124622.jpg

Phase 2 Capstone Event
The Metro Line LRT is marking a major milestone with the completion of its preliminary design update. Please join us to learn more.

Date: Tuesday November 5, 2019
Time: 11am-1:30pm or 4-7pm

City staff will be available to share information and answer questions about the design plans.

View attachment 212268

Phase 2 Capstone Event
The Metro Line LRT is marking a major milestone with the completion of its preliminary design update. Please join us to learn more.

Date: Tuesday November 5, 2019
Time: 11am-1:30pm or 4-7pm

City staff will be available to share information and answer questions about the design plans.

Hopefully we get some news on the signalling woes and I would honestly love to hear a long term plan for elevating along Victoria school and resolving the traffic problems at Kingsway and NAIT. I went back and re-educated over the past two years and I counted a few times where ambulances were stuck at the lights with their sirens on.

@Stevey_G My main issue with that intersection is how the cycles are so unbelievably bad for people on foot. It's bad for people in cars, yes, but making it bad for people on foot negates a lot of the advantages that the LRT station in this area should provide.

I don't know if grade-separation is the answer, especially given that funding for LRT projects will probably be scarce for the next four years at least. But I think they should reconsider the cycles entirely, including putting the trains on one of the movement cycles instead of having full preemption (similar to how the Valley Line will operate).

I went to the pop-in session for the Metro line. Here are the most important points from that session
1:The city recommends building a bridge over the Yellowhead,CN over tunneling.
2:The bridge at its peak will be 70-80 meters and the length will be 350-425 meters.
3:The LRT will be complete thru Blatchford around 2022-2023
4: The total completion of the Metro line from NAIT to Campbell RD is scheduled to be 2035-2040

Last edited:

Back