Metro 78 | 23m | 6s | Pinto Properties | Frank Hilbich

What do you think of this project?

• I dislike it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike it a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Working through something here that had a 6 month delay = $20k/unit increase at a time where we are trying to improve affordability, not erode it.

Getting caught in the bureaucratic network at City Hall is a mind-numbing circumstance -- one of the many reasons why the City should narrow its scope of service to the "necessary" instead of thinking it is mandated to provide design solutions.

It's just so hilarious(ly sad) that these folks choose to live in a neighborhood adjacent to the largest university within 800 km of any direction--you know, a place where tens of thousands of people from out of the city/province/country attend and/or work at that requires a lot of temporary rental space--then get upset about there being more rental space being built?

I can generally empathize with NIMBYism to a very small extent, but the irony of this seems all but lost on these folks
I posted this in the Windsor Terrace thread awhile back, basically sums up my thoughts here as well

New project. Same fight.

This is what we've been cooking in McKernan besides Metro 78.

Can someone help me to create a project forum? Then we can go over the details.

Thanks,
-M
Picture1.png

There's a thread on this.

There's a thread on this.

Hi Ian, thanks for your help.

If you don't mind here is another one that is going to public hearing on February 21.

See the comments from the residents....

-M

Picture2.jpg

Similar to the first one;), there is thread this project too.

It's sometimes tricky to find if there is a thread already started, but try using the search function to see what you can find first.

Cheers.

Yup, and some recently-constructed infill houses as well, some of which are for sale right now to move to a new lot off the property.

Why does it say those homes have fully developed basement suites. Are they going to dig up the house from below the foundation and drop it into a new hole in the ground? Let's move them to Emerald! 😆

This looks like it's their 108 street and 86 avenue project
No, this is the Metro 78 site the houses are being demolished (if they haven't already).

What is happening is that in the developer's schedule, Metro 78 is the third project on the queue because it is the most complex. If you have a chance, check out the first one on 87 Ave and 110 St in Garneau West which is close to completion. We fought tooth and nail on the rezoning. The original UCRH was referred back to Administration, so we created a DC2 and got some support from the Garneau Community League and the adjacent neighbour. This development is very close to completion aiming for the fall.

Since these things are never easy, last month we had to deal with an appeal to SDAB on the development permit issued for the Altarius mid-rise development on 86 Ave and 111 St. Last week we got the decision from SDAB - we won! Now we are moving on to the building permit to hit the ground in November.

the update on the Metro 78 is not fancy but things are advancing as planned. Although the rezoning was approved last December, there were several conditions on the sales agreement with the City before we could start thinking about the DP. This is all resolved now, so the project is moving to the design stage. The GSA team is designing the plaza, so I will share something here in the future.

Back